Business Process Optimization
Aligning the right approach to unlock value is key.
There are several signs that indicate organizations are ripe for business process optimization. Whether there has been a transaction or structural change, a fundamental shift in business activity, or a need for operational efficiency, BRG’s Retail team leverages a suite of proven approaches that are applied based on the current situation: business process streamlining, selling, general, and administration (SG&A) optimization, organizational optimization, outsourcing, and zero-based budgeting. Aligning the right approach to unlock value is key.
There are several signs that indicate organizations are ripe for business process optimization; when any of these surface, there is typically an opportunity for improvement.
- Missing financial targets or estimates
- SG&A costs increasing as a % of sales
- Confusion over the numbers; multiple sources of truth
- Dysfunction across functions; lack of coordination and common metrics
- Inconsistent execution (output and/or timing) of standard processes
- Excessive and lengthy handoffs or approvals between departments
- Too many managers, too few workers
- Lack of clear weekly, monthly, or quarterly reporting aligned to KPIs
- Abundance of spreadsheet tools, uniquely crafted by person/department
- Excessive reporting, many unused or one-off
BRG Retail Performance Improvement leverages a suite of approaches targeted to a company’s current situation, with each approach having a track record of delivering value.
Three fundamental triggers indicate when business process optimization can yield significant value capture; aligning the right approach to unlock the value is key.
Starting with a rapid cost assessment, BRG identifies process optimization target areas of greatest impact, then employs high-level process mapping and complexity analysis to identify issues not aligned to strategic vision.
- Transaction or Structural Change (Carve Out, M&A, Restructuring)
- Fundamental Shift in Business Activity
- Operational Efficiency
Combining our deep analytics capabilities with broad line-management experience, BRG can quickly identify process, productivity, profitability, and workflow break points.