Opportunities to start or develop your career with graduate and experienced roles in our locations around the world.
BRG is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in the fields in which we work. We look for highly motivated problem solvers who have strong analytical abilities and a keen desire to advance within their careers.
Across our global locations, our range of service lines and our specialist industry areas, we always are looking to expand our team at professional levels, from part-qualified and manager roles to emerging and testifying experts. We welcome enquiries from accounting, economics and valuation generalists to industry specialists in areas including financial markets and private equity, energy, mining and natural resources, and construction.
For further information on roles in our Asia–Pacific (APAC) and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions, or to express interest in a specific role at BRG, please contact Alastair Shorrock.
Graduate Hires | EMEA and APAC Regions: Associate – Economic & Financial Consulting (September 2024 start)
About the Associate Role
BRG is a global, expert-led consulting firm. Our London and Singapore office professionals principally provide clients with independent litigation advisory services utilising economic and financial expertise, industry knowledge and objective analysis. We support clients around the world with strategic insight and expert testimony in commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation. Our core practice areas include antitrust and competition, class actions, damages analysis, business, property and intellectual property (IP) valuation, forensic accounting and economic regulation.
As a new or recent graduate, you will join BRG as an Associate in our Disputes & Investigations practice. The work of an Associate can be both qualitative and quantitative in nature, ranging from industry and subject-matter research to the preparation of empirical and descriptive analysis. Associates help assemble compelling evidence from data and research that underpins our expert opinions. Associates can expect to be involved in projects covering a range of industries, such as Telecom, Media & Technology, Finance, Entertainment, Cryptocurrency, Energy, Construction, Mining, Pharmaceuticals and Real Estate.
Typical tasks for an Associate include:
- Performing detailed quantitative or qualitative research and analysis and communicating results effectively (e.g. gathering, analysing and summarising literature and data from the public domain or client, public and commercial databases)
- Collaborating with team members, senior staff and clients to prepare reports, memos, emails and presentations which explain complex concepts in an understandable manner
- Utilising relevant software (e.g. Microsoft Excel, R, Stata, Python) and specialised industry resources (e.g. Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ), for which training will be provided
- Auditing own work product and work product of others
- Actively participating in a team-based environment and working diligently to meet deadlines and quality standards
Associates in the London office are sponsored and supported in studying, over a three-year period, for the ACA, a highly respected chartered accountancy qualification from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Associates in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) practice are sponsored and supported in studying for a chartered accountancy qualification (e.g. CPA with the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, or equivalent) or the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification.
BRG fosters a collaborative and inclusive environment where you will be trusted with responsibility from the outset whilst working closely with, and learning from, industry experts.
BRG’s success is based on the talent and enthusiasm of our team; we know our value is in the quality of the work we produce. It is therefore our priority that all staff gain personally valuable experience, training and career opportunities. BRG operates a committed and nurturing mentoring scheme to provide professional support to all employees as well as help in shaping their career paths. Support is also provided through an understanding workplace services team and comprehensive health and mental health services for all employees.
BRG is proud of its entrepreneurial and inclusive firm culture. Colleagues at every level of the organisation produce high-calibre work and are inspiring, approachable and open-minded.
BRG is committed to each employee’s career development. Career progression at BRG is meritocratic and reflects your contributions to casework and BRG’s success. We believe the role is highly rewarding due to the exposure to a range of industries, the level of responsibility entrusted in you from your first day and your close collaboration with industry experts on high-stakes projects.
A high level of prior economic or financial education is not required. As part of your onboarding, we provide a comprehensive internal training schedule to help you develop the skills required, further supplemented by regular development programmes and studying towards a professional qualification.
What We Are Looking For
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- An outstanding academic record, including a first- or upper-second-class degree in any subject
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High-performing quantitative ability
- The ability to solve problems, think through complex issues and present analysis in a clear, concise and logical manner
- Collaborative working skills, as we often work in small, focused teams
- A high level of enthusiasm and proactivity to develop and learn new skills
- A strong attention to detail
- The ability to produce high-quality work under time-sensitive conditions
- A willingness to take ownership of work
- For applicants to the APAC region only: fluency (spoken and written) in one or more of the following languages: Chinese, Korean or Japanese
How to Apply
To apply to the London office, please click here.
To apply to the Singapore office, please click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age. If you require specific accommodations during the application or interview process or to perform the role, please let us know.
For more information, please visit the BRG Privacy Statement.
BRG is an authorised training employer (ATE) for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and an authorised supervisor (AP) for the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA).