Publication | BRG
Consumer Finance Enforcement Action Tracker | Q3 2022
Michael Canale, John DelPonti, Paul Noring, and Vincent Urbancic
BRG’s Financial Institution Advisory (FIA) practice is pleased to share its Consumer Finance Enforcement Action Tracker for Q3 2022. This tracker provides insight into current trends in regulatory and state enforcement actions and uses those actions to support institutions in initiating risk mitigation steps.
This edition includes data from Q4 2021 through Q3 2022 and the following:
- Summary of current actions
- Enforcement action trends
- Federal enforcement action for Q4 2021 to Q3 2022:
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) other Regulatory Enforcement Action Trends
- Federal regulatory enforcement actions
- Federal borrower restitution and penalties by violation types
- Federal product types and processes
- Federal regulatory trends
- State enforcement actions for Q4 2021 to Q3 2022:
- State enforcement snapshot
- State enforcement actions
- State violation types and penalties
- Spotlight on Actions for Q4 2021 – Q3 2022
This edition of the tracker is also inclusive of Q4 2021 through Q3 2022 data for the Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Reserve Board (FRB), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), and ten key states: California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Texas.
All data provided in this tracker is published publicly but not always readily available; we have consolidated the data here to be easily accessible and quickly utilized.