Jerry Chang is a managing director in Berkeley Research Group’s Corporate Finance practice in Atlanta, where he is a leader with the practice’s healthcare valuation and financial advisory service line.
He is responsible for valuation, financial, and advisory services related to strategic decision-making, transaction planning, due diligence, regulatory compliance, litigation/arbitration support, financial reporting, and tax compliance.
Mr. Chang has over twenty-five years of corporate finance and valuation experience and specializes in valuing businesses, equity interests, partnership interests, intangible assets, professional services, compensation arrangements, stock options, and tangible assets. He has performed services for clients in a wide variety of industry segments, including healthcare, aerospace and defense, manufacturing, retail, distribution, technology, media, and financial services. Before joining BRG, Mr. Chang led the healthcare valuation and transaction advisory practice for a global consulting firm for over eighteen years and was a manager at two Big Four accounting and consulting firms.
He specializes in valuation, financial, and transaction advisory services for a wide variety of client needs, including:
- Regulatory, Statutory, and Fiduciary Compliance: Provides rigorous, well-supported valuation analyses, financial analytics, and fairness opinions to clients assessing growth initiatives while mitigating compliance risk. Clients have included C-level executives, senior management, board members, auditors, legal counsel, and state attorneys general who require independent, insightful, and reliable advice to make well-informed decisions.
- Strategic and Transaction Advisory: Guides senior executives and their legal counsel when they arrive at the intersection of strategy and financial analytics related to a potential transaction. Performs insightful valuation and financial modeling that enable clients to gain valuable insights into strategic and transaction scenarios. Holds both Series 79 and 63 licenses.
- Litigation and Arbitration Support: Serves as a valuation and damages expert witness in federal and state cases, as well as arbitration and mediation settings, with zero disqualifications to date. Supports clients involved in disputes with expert reports, rebuttal reports, and oral testimony in front of a judge, jury, arbitrator, or mediator.
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring: Serves as a valuation advisor and expert for trustees and debtors involved in Chapter 11 proceedings in US Bankruptcy Court. His valuation advisory experience has spanned disciplines including total business enterprise, total equity, real property, and personal property.
- Financial Reporting: Performs rigorous, well-supported fair-value opinions for financial reporting purposes, including FASB ASC 805, ASC 958-805, ASC 350, ASC 360, and ASC 718. His past experience includes managerial roles in the valuation practices of two Big Four audit firms.
Managing Director and Partner, 2018-2022
Managing Director, 2004-2018
Ernst & Young LLP
Director of Corporate Development, 2000-2002
American Health Law Association (AHLA), Member
CFA Institute, Member
CFA Society of Atlanta, Member
NAAAP-Atlanta, Founding President and Member
Leadership Atlanta Class of 2020, Member
Tommy Nobis Center, Board Member and Finance Committee Chairperson
Camp Twin Lakes, Board Member and Member of the Finance Committee
National Association of Asian American Professionals (Atlanta Chapter), Founding President and Member
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta, Mentor
Areas of Expertise
CFA Charter Holder
Emory University – Goizueta Business School
MBA, Business and Finance
Georgia State University – Robinson College of Business
BBA (Honors), Finance