Major news organizations routinely tap Berkeley Research Group experts for their valuable expertise and unique insights across a range of disciplines. Following are BRG experts in the news addressing a variety of timely topics, as well as BRG press releases highlighting firm developments.
The views expressed by experts in publications or other media on this website are those of the authors and not intended to represent those of Berkeley Research Group or other experts at BRG.
- Amberoon Joins with CeleritiFinTech's Hogan Core Banking System for Anti-Money Laundering InitiativesAmberoon press release, March 13, 2018
Walter Mix comments on money laundering and other forms of illegal financing in technology-enabled economies, and pressure on banks to ensure strict and ongoing compliance.
- BRG Launches Strategic Collaboration with Hitotsubashi University Graduate School of International Corporate StrategyBRG press release, March 8, 2018
BRG is pleased to announce the launch of a strategic collaboration with the Hitotsubashi University Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy (Hitotsubashi ICS) in Japan.
- Inter-American Dialogue Financial Services Advisor, February 22-March 7, 2018
- Who's Who Legal and Global Investigations Review, March 2018
Four BRG experts were recognized in Who’s Who Legal and Global Investigations Review's Investigations 2018, which provides an in-depth report into leading experts who stand out for exceptional work assisting companies and individuals on both external and internal investigations, as well as external enforcement proceedings.
- Bisnow, March 1, 2018
Keith Jelinek discusses customer privacy and consumer confidence, radio frequency identification (RFID), and deployment of cashierless technology.
- Associated Press, February 28, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses how distrust of prosecutors may affect rules on critical pre-trial motions, as well as potential scenarios for the corruption case against former US Rep. Aaron Schock.
- African Law & Business, February 27, 2018
Mark Williams discusses the election of Cyril Ramaphosa as president of South Africa, suspected corruption relating to the former administration, and the performance of the economy.
- Press release, February 27, 2018
Applied Composites has acquired San Diego Composites, a composites supplier. BRG served as financial adviser to AEI on the transaction.
- Inside Reference Data / Waters Technology, February 21, 2018
Naomi Bowman discusses the upcoming GDPR implementation deadline, its rules around appointing a data protection officer, and data protection within the European Union.
- Research Center for Technological Innovation at Tsinghua University in Beijing, February 21, 2018
David Teece discusses sustainable competitive advantage, profiting from innovation, and strategic and innovation management.
- BRG press release, February 20, 2018
BRG has expanded its global strategy and advisory capabilities with the addition of Phronesis Group, LLC, a strategic growth advisory firm, whose team will conduct business as Phronesis BRG.
- Bloomberg Markets, February 20, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Manafort and Russia investigations on "Bloomberg Markets: Balance of Power."
- HR Technologist, February 20, 2018
Jeff Antonelli comments on when an organization may hire contract versus full-time employees and the use of flexible workforce models.
- CDR, February 20, 2018
Alex Leslie discussed management of compliance against anti-corruption and bribery laws, Africa’s role as an emerging market, and recent events in sub-Saharan Africa.
- HR Technologist, February 15, 2018
Jeff Antonelli discusses talent management, the hybrid workforce, and potential business incentives to hire on-demand workers.
- Republicans Set Their Sights on a Familiar Target as They Investigate the FBI and Obama AdministrationBusiness Insider, February 13, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the Republican party's investigation into alleged misconduct, reports of election-meddling, and the question of collusion with Russia.
- BRG Corporate Finance Wins Distinction as Best Valuation Service Provider at the HFM Alt Credit Intelligence 2018 AwardsBRG press release, February 12, 2018
HFM Alt Credit Intelligence named Berkeley Research Group “Best Valuation Service” provider for 2018 at its annual award ceremony.
- IAM Magazine 87, January/February 2018
David Teece discusses the cost of short-term thinking around intellectual property rights and the potential effects on technological progress and creative and inventive activities and societies.
- LiveScience, February 9, 2018
Rick Chamberlain discusses the potential effects of leaving frack proppants, such as sand and ceramic particles, in fissures after fracking is done.
- Modern Healthcare, February 9, 2018
John Kelliher discusses recommendations by the White House's Council of Economic Advisers, government regulations to lower drug prices, and drug price controls.
- American Banker, February 6, 2018
Walter Mix discusses the Las Vegas economy, lessons regulators learned from the Great Recession, and governance and risk management that may be required by banks.
- BRG press release, February 2, 2018
BRG has been appointed by the United Kingdom’s Crown Commercial Service (CCS) to provide consulting services as part of its Management Consultancy Framework.
- BRG Expands Complex Insurance Claims Practice with Addition of Former ExxonMobil Risk Management General CounselBRG press release, February 1, 2018
BRG announced today the addition of D. Christopher Heckman to the firm's Complex Insurance Claims practice.
- Criminals Smuggling Gold into Japan Concealed Bars in Aeroplane Toilets as Gangs Grow More Sophisticated in Their TacticsSouth China Morning Post, January 31, 2018
Stuart Witchell discusses international gold-smuggling rings, Japan's consumption tax, and the lack of criminal penalties for smuggling and money laundering.
- Business Insider, January 31, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses reports of a meeting in December between President Trump and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, as well as other interactions the president has had with senior law enforcement.
- Denver Post, January 31, 2018
Anamaria Popescu presented "The Best Defense Is a Good Offense: Keys to Effective Risk Mitigation, Contract Management and Dispute Resolution."
- Bloomberg Politics, January 30, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the structure of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team and potential for indictment and a challenge before the Supreme Court.
- Fox News, January 26, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses potential obstruction, collusion, and reports that President Trump attempted to fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller in 2017.
- BRG press release, January 24, 2018
BRG has partnered with Relativity to offer its full suite of on-premises and cloud-based eDiscovery software solutions.
- Bloomberg, January 23, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses reports that former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon has struck a deal with US investigators looking into Russian interference in the 2016 elections.
- New England Real Estate Journal, January 19, 2018
Anamaria Popescu discusses construction arbitration, international practice, and challenges on large and complex projects.
- Corporate Counsel, January 18, 2018
Walter Mix discusses corporate social responsibility, financial services institutions, and comments from Laurence Fink of BlackRock Inc.
- Consulting Magazine, January 2018
Allen Applbaum is a recipient of Consulting's inaugural Global Leaders in Consulting award, which recognizes individuals who are making an impact in the profession that can be felt worldwide.
- SFGate, January 12, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer comments on allegations that Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens threatened a woman with whom he had an affair, as well as the potential for an FBI investigation.