Major news organizations routinely tap Berkeley Research Group experts for their valuable expertise and unique insights across a range of disciplines. Following are BRG experts in the news addressing a variety of timely topics, as well as BRG press releases highlighting firm developments.
The views expressed by experts in publications or other media on this website are those of the authors and not intended to represent those of Berkeley Research Group or other experts at BRG.
- BRG press release, November 15, 2017
BRG Retail's 2017 Holiday Retail Outlook research report predicts that retailers’ margins will be substantially lower in 2017 due to aggressive discounting and pricing.
- PECB Becomes the First Management System Certification Body in the World Accredited against ISO 37001PECB press release, November 11, 2017
- City of Chicago press release, November 10, 2017
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced the members of Civilian Office of Police Accountability Chief Administrator search committee, which will include Jeffrey Cramer.
- BRG press release, November 9, 2017
Private equity and infrastructure valuation expert Federico Jost has joined BRG as a managing director based in New York.
- BRG press release, November 6, 2017
Kristen Schwendinger has joined BRG's Health Analytics practice and will focus on Corporate Compliance and Risk Management.
- Law360, November 2, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the legal team for George Papadopoulos, who pled guilty to lying to the FBI about contact with Russian nationals offering damaging information during the 2016 presidential campaign.
- Adtalem Global Education Completes Implementation of New Student Commitments, Releases BRG’s Independent Review Assessing the ImplementationAdtalem press release, November 1, 2017
BRG professionals conducted an independent review assessing the implementation of Adtalem Global Education’s student commitment program.
- BRG press release, October 30, 2017
Steven Shi has joined BRG as a Director, based in Beijing, where he will head the firm's mainland China operations.
- Berkeley Research Group Ranked No. 2 on The Deal’s List of Top Restructuring Advisers for Q1-Q3 2017The Deal, October 30, 2017
BRG was ranked second by volume, and third by number of cases, on the list of Top Restructuring Advisers in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for Q1-Q3 2017.
- Mergermarket, October 25, 2017
Nabil Manzoor comments on health and well-being services for millennials, technology-based healthcare solutions, and integration of insights from social platforms into operational intelligence.
- Financial Times, October 25, 2017
Stuart Witchell discusses the IKAC's recent search of the offices of China Jinmao Holdings, the property arm of chemicals group Sinochem.
- US News & World Report, October 24, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the dropping of a charge in former US Rep. Aaron Schock's political corruption case and the remaining potential for sentencing.
- BRG Named 2017 Valuation Firm of the Year, Restructuring Deal of the Year and Energy Deal of the Year FinalistBRG press release, October 23, 2017
The M&A Advisor has selected BRG as a finalist in its 16th Annual M&A Advisor Awards for Valuation Firm of the Year, Restructuring Deal of the Year (over $250 million), and Energy Deal of the Year (over $100 million).
- Economic Times, October 21, 2017
Stuart Witchell discusses business reforms and foreign direct investments in India, and compliance with both global and local governance norms.
- Bloomberg Radio, October 19, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses comments by Attorney General Jeff Sessions regarding his conversations with President Trump surrounding the firing of James Comey.
- Consulting Magazine Recognizes Allen Applbaum among Its Inaugural “Global Leaders in Consulting” WinnersBRG press release, October 18, 2017
ALM's Consulting magazine has selected Allen Applbaum as a recipient of its first-ever “Global Leaders in Consulting” award.
- Various, October 17, 2017
Naomi Bowman recently joined BRG as a managing director in the firm's London-based EMEA Financial Services practice.
- Pensions & Investments, October 13, 2017
David Kalat discussed "overreliance on technology," human errors that increase vulnerability to cyber attacks, and the challenge to insurers to price and sponsors to buy policies.
- FierceCEO, October 13, 2017
Phil Rowley discusses potential facets of companies with good corporate governance, commitment to customers, and the evolving role of work.
- BRG press release, October 11, 2017
BRG today announces the appointment of Naomi Bowman as a Managing Director in its London-based EMEA Financial Services practice.
- Kuwait Times, October 9, 2017
Jared Willis outlined the objectives and vision of the first Innovation Lab in Kuwait.
- Middle East Consultant, October 2017
Craig Gibson discusses disputes in the construction sector, legal framework, and BRG's expansion into the region.
- Financial Times, October 5, 2017
Christopher Goncalves commented on liquefied natural gas buyers and potential prices in short- and midterm LNG markets.
- dbiz.today, October 5, 2017
BRG recently hosted a conference on "A New Era for Argentina and the Latin America Region: What Does It Take to Meet Transparency Levels?"
- BRG press release, October 3, 2017
BRG announced the appointment of industry veteran Dave M. Johnson as chief financial officer.
- Claudio Graeff Named President of Logistics and Competitiveness Committee of Brazilian Agribusiness AssociationBRG news, October 1, 2017
- Asian Venture Capital Journal, September 27, 2017
Stuart Witchell comments on GPs, outside consultants for portfolio management services, and Asian investors.
- Arab Times, September 27, 2017
Innovation Lab: NCC Edition, the first of its kind in Kuwait, will offer a foundational course teaching entrepreneurs to map out, build, and learn to monetize their ideas.
- Bloomberg Radio, September 20, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses developments in Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 election.
- Philadelphia Inquirer, September 20, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses bribery cases, actions of judges and prosecutors, and the potential to show jurors evidence that could help prove criminal intent and undercut the defense.
- The Foster Report, September 19, 2017
Branko Terzic discussed LNG project developers and purchasers, delivery infrastructure, and the separation of natural gas and oil markets.