Project Risk Management
BRG offers a range of comprehensive and customized consulting services—from the initial planning phase through completion—designed to minimize risk and optimize results on your construction project.
Best practices and lessons learned.
Delivering a project on time and within budget requires a combination of technical and management expertise; a sound and sustainable strategy; and proven project development, design, and construction administration practices. When applied throughout the life of a project, this approach enhances process transparency and performance accountability and optimizes results.
BRG experts have developed and implemented a proven framework addressing project challenges like effective contemporaneous project progress analysis, performance, and risk monitoring to timely and accurately status the project, allowing the owner to make informed decisions to optimize results while containing and mitigating potentially contentious issues and claims. BRG offers a range of comprehensive and customized consulting services, from the initial planning phase through completion, designed to minimize risk and optimize results on your construction project.
The project risk management consulting strategies recommended by BRG are based on best industry practices from our extensive practical design and construction experience, coupled with lessons learned from our dispute resolution practice.
Our strategies support effective project development, design, and construction administration while helping to minimize the likelihood of delays, disruptions, cost overruns, claims, and disputes.
Who We Are
BRG’s construction team of 40-plus professionals can support or evaluate the process for project development, design, construction administration programmatic standards, work practices, and systems. BRG also has extensive experience providing guidance regarding project governance, contracting strategy, project staffing, and development of an effective organizational structure.
Our well-traveled team includes many construction professionals with extensive hands-on project experience as owners as well as designers, contractors, estimators, cost accountants, schedulers, project control experts, project managers, and construction business managers. Our construction practice professionals also have decades of dispute resolution and expert testimony experience.
What We Do
- Independent evaluation of development, design, administrative policies, work processes, systems, and tools
- Corporate governance requirements
- Stage-Gate project approval process/execution
- Corporate organizational structure/staffing
- Alternative contracting strategy analysis and advice
- Refinement and definition of project scope
- Assemble master project budgets/estimates
- Compile/analyze master project schedule
- Development and implement contracting strategies
- Project team organization/staffing
- Interdisciplinary constructability/bidability review
- Assessment of capabilities and qualifications of vendors, designers, and contractors
- Refinement of requests for qualifications (RFQs) and bid and contract documents
- Evaluation of bids and award recommendations
- Independent monitoring of progress and performance
- Formal and independent risk management programs
- Independent schedule monitoring and analysis
- Independent cost validation and analysis
- Data collection, integration, and analytical methodologies
- Evaluation of change orders and time extension requests
- Claims management, containment, and mitigation
- Negotiation and dispute resolution support
- BRG personnel have significant hands-on strategic and construction experience in all project phases
- Highly qualified personnel can be made available for long-term staffing assignments on an as-needed basis
Explore Related Insights
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Construction Services
Lessons Learned in Managing Construction Disputes
July 29-30, 2021
Pathway to the 2021 Women Who Build Summit
February 25, 2021
Best Practices for Counsel on the Use of Experts in Complex Construction Cases
February 11, 2021
Calculating Lost Profits in Construction Claims: A Practical Guide
January 25, 2021
BRG Further Expands Its Global Construction Practice with Three Senior Hires in EMEA and Asia-Pacific
January 13, 2021
Getting to Yes: Best Practices for Virtual Construction Mediations in the Era of Zoom
December 8, 2020
In the Pandemic and Beyond: Vigilance in Managing Cyber Risks for the Construction Industry in the New Normal
December 8, 2020
Project Controls Expo Virtual
November 16-19, 2020
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.