Transition & Interim Management
We provide CRO, C-suite (CEO, CFO, COO) and “surge” resources on-demand for interim and transactional needs.
BRG Corporate Finance professionals partner directly with management and the boards of directors (BOD) in an operational capacity. Serving as management we take leadership roles to drive successful outcomes or supplement capabilities to provide support through critical events. We act as force multipliers, quickly entering demanding situations to fill key roles and leverage existing resources to enable success.
Our professionals have provided transition and interim management needs to companies across sectors including retail, consumer products, technology, healthcare, automotive, TMT, energy, industrials, and more.
What We Do
Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO)
Fill management gaps as an interim resource while supporting the BOD in making critical business decisions. The CRO handles restructuring-related initiatives to free executives to focus on day-to-day operations. As needed, the CRO will direct BRG resources to provide surge support.
Typical priorities for a CRO include:
- Identifying optimal restructuring path (in and out of court)
- Driving restructuring initiatives
- Evaluating business and determining priorities
- Leading and assisting in negotiations with various constituencies
- Executing business plan
- Refining long-term strategy
- Developing transition plan
- Managing liquidity and ensuring capital resources to execute plan
Key benefits of a CRO include:
- Leadership: Distressed and challenging situations require a steady hand.
- Experience: Companies in transition cannot afford missteps. The ability to identify and anticipate issues before they arise is critical.
- Knowledge: Time equals options. CROs minimize the learning curve.
- Resources: CROs frequently allow management to not be burdened by extra workload and have the time to focus on maximizing disruptions to the business.
- Objectivity: During times of change, CROs can provide an outside perspective, uninfluenced by company politics, history or emotions, helpful to drive change.
C-Suite Roles (CEO, CFO, COO, CTO, Controller)
BRG has extensive experience assuming other critical C-suite roles during distressed or transitional periods, such as mergers, acquisitions, and leadership changes. Our resources bring experience, credibility and objectivity to the organization for any duration of time. We help our clients not only manage through these periods but also identify and retain permanent solutions.
BRG Corporate Finance’s team of experts is available to provide surge resources during times of business distress and uncertainty, helping to flex and manage workload capacity and constraints. We have extensive experience providing resources in this capacity to handle Corporate Finance and FP&A activities including cash management, liquidity assessment, management reporting, monthly close and consolidation, vendor management, treasury operations, and more.
Explore Related Insights
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.