Dr. Shireen Meer has a decade of experience as an applied economist specializing in the application of economic analysis to litigation and consulting matters related to class action, intellectual property, antitrust, breach of contract, product liability, healthcare reimbursement, and general commercial damages. She has conducted benchmarking analyses, assessed outsourcing viability of public services and has conducted comparative economic analyses of proposals for government clients. Her work has spanned industries covering healthcare, high-technology products, consumer products, metal refining products, banking, and pharmaceuticals.
Who’s Who Legal Competition recognized Dr. Meer as one of its “Future Leaders,” noting that Dr. Meer “is a widely respected name in applied economics relating to class actions, IP, and breach of contract claims.” Dr. Meer has taught undergraduate-level courses in micro- and macroeconomics and was managing editor of Managerial and Decision Economics, a peer-reviewed journal. She has published papers in the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization and The Heinz Journal and a book chapter in an American Bar Association book on product liability. Her research on behavioral economics has received mention in the press.
Dr. Meer is a public arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and a member of the American Economic Association (AEA), American Bar Association (ABA), and Women’s Council on Energy and the Environment (WCEE). She received her PhD and MA in economics from Emory University.
Lahore University of Management Sciences
Senior associate economist
2009 - 2013
Analysis Group, Inc.
2007 - 2009
Managerial and Decision Economics journal
2005 - 2007
2005 - 2007
Emory Doctoral Fellowship, 2002-2005
Emory University Summer Grant
Mannheim Empirical Research Summer School, 2006
Named as a Future Leader by Who’s Who Legal Competition
News & Insights
- Washington Legal FoundationOctober 2019
- Law Practice TodaySeptember 16, 2019
- ABA Law Practice TodayMarch 14, 2019
- ABA Commercial and Business Litigation CommitteeFall 2017
- Management TodayJuly 28, 2017
- BRGJuly 20, 2017
- ABA The Woman AdvocateMay 25, 2017
- The Shift to Private Auction Vendors for Surplus-Vehicle Disposition: A Review of State and Local GovernmentsThe Heinz JournalMay 10, 2013
- Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 75(2)August 2010
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- December 5, 2019
- September 24, 2019
News & Commentary
- BRG press releaseAugust 14, 2019
- BRG press releaseAugust 7, 2018
American Economic Association, Member
American Bar Association, Member
Women's Council on Energy and the Environment, Member
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Public Arbitrator
- ThinkSet Podcast: Dr. Shireen Meer - Antitrust Leniency more...