Jay Borow has over 30 years of experience in the areas of bankruptcy, turnaround and restructuring as well as forensic and financial investigations, and litigation consulting.
Mr. Borow has extensive experience advising companies and/or debtors through the restructuring and bankruptcy process, as well as creditors and creditors’ committees including secured lenders, banks, financial institutions, lender groups, bondholders and unsecured creditors.
In addition, Mr. Borow has served as Responsible Person, Examiner, and Financial Advisor to the Trustee in numerous restructuring and bankruptcy matters. He has also acted as Receiver and Financial Advisor to the Receiver in several cases brought by the Federal Trade Commission, as well as CRO and Receiver of a specialty manufacturing and distribution company.
Prior to joining BRG, Mr. Borow was an Executive Director at Capstone Advisory Group, LLC, and prior to that, he was a Senior Managing Director in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice of FTI Consulting and a predecessor firm for over twelve years. Previously, he was a member of Arthur Andersen & Co.'s New York Bankruptcy and Reorganization practice, and at Spicer and Oppenheim (a national accounting firm), he was the co-partner in charge of the New York Bankruptcy practice and a member of the firm's National Accounting and Auditing Standards Committee.
1999 - 2004
Kahn Consulting Inc.
1992 - 1999
Arthur Andersen & Co.
1990 - 1992
Spicer and Oppenheim
1973 - 1990
News & Insights
- BRG Holiday Retail Outlook ReportAugust 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- November 23, 2015
News & Commentary
- Loyalty360September 12, 2016
- Drug Store NewsAugust 23, 2016
- BRG press releaseJune 1, 2015
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
Association of Fraud Examiners
American Bankruptcy Institute
- Entertainment & Media - Corporate Finance
- Financial Services - Corporate Finance
- Gaming, Lodging, & Hospitality - Corporate Finance
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals - Corporate Finance
- Infrastructure & Energy - Corporate Finance
- Manufacturing, Metals & Mining - Corporate Finance
- Professional & Other Services- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate & Construction - Corporate Finance
- Retail & Wholesale Distribution - Corporate Finance
- Telecommunications - Corporate Finance