Evan Hengel is a managing director in BRG Corporate Finance and has over ten years of experience helping clients solve complex financial and operational challenges during periods of uncertainty. He has served in an interim executive capacity to companies undergoing significant change and also has experience advising management, boards of directors, and other stakeholders through difficult restructuring and/or M&A processes.
His recent client engagement experiences include the following:
- Served as chief financial officer to a medical device company during its restructuring after a sale to a New York-based hedge fund, leading efforts to establish new capital structure, develop 100-day plan, and negotiate key vendor/customer contracts
- Served as chief transformation officer to an IT services company, leading the creation of a restructuring plan and efforts to obtain a forbearance from the company’s lenders
- Worked as financial advisor to a $3 billion consumer electronics retailer, helping to design and negotiate the financial terms of a vendor alliance agreement that served as the catalyst for the company’s sale to a New York-based hedge fund
- Helped to facilitate acquisition and execute post-transaction improvement initiatives for a $250 million rental/logistics business during its sale to a New York-based PE firm, which included labor cost management, working capital management, product-mix analysis, revenue enhancement, and supply chain restructuring
- Provided advisory services to a $300 million silicon chip manufacturer, helping to design and implement a plan to break the company up into four business units and divest each separately to strategic buyers, which resulted in the value of common equity doubling once transactions were complete
Mr. Hengel has helped lead multiple engagements that have received “restructuring deal of the year” honors from the M&A Advisor, Association of Management Consulting Firms, and Turnaround Atlas Awards. He is a Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA).
University of Kansas
BS, Finance, 2007
2007 - 2017
News & Insights
News & Commentary
- Cherokee Global Brands press releaseNovember 1, 2018
Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor