David Galfus specializes in financial advisory services in bankruptcy matters and turnaround situations. His assignments have included strategic planning, cash management, business plan analysis, cost reduction, trade and investor relations, mergers and acquisitions, liquidations, recapitalizations, and restructurings. In addition, he has substantial experience in forensic analysis and related investigations.
With more than 30 years of financial restructuring and business experience, Mr. Galfus has advised creditors, management teams, boards of directors, secured lenders, and other constituent groups in roles ranging from financial adviser to interim management.
Mr. Galfus is a leader of BRG Creditor Rights Practice and has led recent assignments with AWI, Brookstone, Caché, dELiA*s, Ecko Unlimited, MF Global, Molycorp, Peabody Energy Corporation, Penson Worldwide, and Reichhold creditor committee engagements.
Since 2007, Mr. Galfus has served as president of the Refco, Inc. bankruptcy estate, successfully leading its wind down. He has been responsible for liquidating/selling assets, distributing billions of dollars to creditors, interfacing with international affiliates, and has been instrumental in various investigations related to its causes of actions.
Before joining BRG, Mr. Galfus was an executive director at Capstone Advisory Group, LLC, and worked at the Policano & Manzo legacy practice of FTI Consulting. Previously, he was a senior manager in the audit practice of Deloitte & Touche for ten years.
BBA, Public Accounting
News & Insights
News & Commentary
- BRG Named 2017 Valuation Firm of the Year, Restructuring Deal of the Year and Energy Deal of the Year FinalistBRG press releaseOctober 23, 2017
- M&A AdvisorJanuary 28, 2016
- BRG press releaseJune 1, 2015
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Entertainment & Media - Corporate Finance
- Financial Services - Corporate Finance
- Food & Agriculture - Corporate Finance
- Manufacturing, Metals & Mining - Corporate Finance
- Professional & Other Services- Corporate Finance
- Retail & Wholesale Distribution - Corporate Finance
- Transportation - Corporate Finance