Ben Johnson is a member of BRG's Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence practice. He has over eighteen years of experience in forensic accounting, including fraud and financial investigations, bribery and corruption, audit negligence, asset tracing, and litigation and arbitration.
Mr. Johnson has led many investigations and reviews into suspected accounting irregularities, bribery and corruption issues, and misconduct on behalf of regulators and private clients in both civil and criminal proceedings. He has significant financial services experience, having led investigations into alleged misconduct at banks in multiple jurisdictions, and he has led more than eight investigations on behalf of accountancy regulators in relation to accounting issues in recent accounting scandals.
Mr. Johnson has experience across a range of industry sectors, in particular: financial services, software, technology, support services, oil and gas, construction and engineering, supply chain management, retail, and gaming.
Mr. Johnson has provided expertise in investigations and disputes on the application of IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP.
University of Technology, Sydney
BA, Business, 1997
Corporate audit manager
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- October 10, 2019
- June 27-28, 2019
- September 26, 2018
News & Commentary
- Global Investigations ReviewOctober 25, 2019
- BRG press releaseAugust 14, 2019
- BRG Professionals Ranked among Leading Digital Forensic Experts and Forensic Accountants in WWL Investigations 2019BRG press releaseMarch 13, 2019
- BRG press releaseNovember 26, 2018
- Consultancy.orgNovember 19, 2018
- BRG press releaseAugust 7, 2018
- Who's Who Legal and Global Investigations ReviewMarch 2018
- BRG press releaseFebruary 2, 2018
- BRG press releaseAugust 4, 2017
- BRG’S Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence Practice Continues Growth with Senior Hire in LondonBRG press releaseMay 17, 2016
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Fellow
The Academy of Experts, Treasurer and Executive Board Member
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Member