Rob Shapiro specializes in assisting clients in periods of transition including complex turnarounds, liquidity management, performance improvement implementation, and business plan realignment.
He has worked with management teams, board members, equity sponsors, and lenders in a variety of situations, including serving as an operational advisor on leveraged buyouts, assisting in cash and working capital management, and executing in-court and out-of-court restructurings.
Before joining BRG, Mr. Shapiro worked in the Corporate Finance Advisory group of a global business advisory firm, where he worked on numerous in-court and out-of-court restructurings.
2015 – 2016
Carl Marks Advisors
2012 – 2015
Areas of Expertise
- Assisting a healthcare company in developing a cash-forecasting process resulting in the identification of significant working capital opportunities
- Serving as company-side advisor in an in-court restructuring and 363 sale of a children’s apparel retailer
- Supporting a private equity firm on the buyout of an international retailer and development of an actionable investment thesis and turnaround plan
- Executing an in-court restructuring for a tech company that successfully preserved the business and its operational capabilities to maximize value of intellectual property
- Assisting a manufacturing company improve forecasting and reporting capabilities following a private equity buyout
- Working directly with numerous companies, lenders, and equity sponsors in out-of-court restructurings to develop viable go-forward business plans, size the capital structure, and gain stakeholder support