American Health Law Association
Rob Cepielik served on the panel “A Tasting of Often Underappreciated Tax Topics,” with Michael N. Fine (partner, Wyatt, Tarrant and Combs, LLP) and Kyle Gross (corporate counsel, CommonSpirit Health) on June 27. The panel was designed to maximize digestibility for those with both diverse and simple “tax” palates. It offered delights for all, including:
- Cy pres issues in hospital sale transactions (subtle, sous vide)
- Uncompensated care definitions (nutty, undercooked)
- Accountable care organization developments (acidic, piping hot)
- Limited liability exemption standards (layered, light)
- For-profit joint venture review (juicy, pressure cooked)
Blending the flavor profiles of tax “chefs” trained in in-house, outside counsel, and accounting/consulting “kitchens,” the panel served up some treats.
BRG was a proud sponsor of the AHLA Annual Meeting.