Mukesh Gangwal co-leads BRG | Prism Healthcare. He is an expert in large-scale performance improvement projects, revenue-cycle management, physician services, and turnarounds. He was a cofounder of Prism Healthcare Partners and brings more than thirty years of healthcare consulting experience helping community hospitals, health systems, and academic medical centers improve their operational and financial performance.
As a former partner and managing director at a Big Five accounting firm, a multinational management and technology consulting firm, and a global management consulting company, he has advised boards and management on cost and revenue improvements, often resulting in up to $100 million or more in annual recurring benefits for several clients.
Mr. Gangwal’s project experience before joining BRG | Prism included:
- Served as chief turnaround officer at a $1.5 billion multihospital health system in the Southeast United States and delivered annual recurring benefits exceeding $100 million.
- Served as client service executive to a nationally recognized academic medical center and helped consolidate revenue cycle operations across the enterprise, increasing net patient revenue by $62 million and reducing labor costs by $15 million.
- Helped lead a merger operational due diligence project for Midwest-based health systems with combined revenues of $3.4 billion, assessing benefits ranging from $122 million to $250 million.
- Helped lead a national initiative with five nationally recognized medical centers to develop and design an outpatient and service delivery model.
Mr. Gangwal frequently presents to Boards, executive leadership, and professional associations on healthcare strategy, operations, and finance. He is a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association and Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society.
J.L. Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
Prism Healthcare Partners
President and CEO
Arthur Andersen LLP
Partner, national leader of Revenue Cycle Practice
Managing director, national leader of Revenue Cycle Practice
Managing director, leader of Physician Practice and Integrated Performance Improvement Services
J.L. Kellogg School of Management
News & Insights
News & Commentary
- Becker's Healthcare PodcastApril 28, 2020
- BRG press releaseJuly 9, 2019
- Modern HealthcareJuly 9, 2019
- Becker's Hospital ReviewMay 17, 2019
- BRG press releaseMay 14, 2019
- Modern HealthcareMay 11, 2019
Healthcare Financial Management Association
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
National Trustee of American India Foundation
Kellogg School of Management Alumni Board
Kellogg School of Management
Chaired healthcare seminar with President Bill Clinton, Dean Dipak Jain, and other healthcare luminaries
Certified Public Accountant, Illinois