Jack Surdoval specializes in financial restructuring advisory and crisis management services in the troubled company environment to all parties-in-interest. His expertise includes financial and operational restructuring strategies; business plans and related financial projections; cost-cutting and revenue enhancement strategies; liquidity management; asset valuations; structuring and raising of debtor-in-possession (DIP) and other financing; supporting companies through Chapter 11 proceedings; and asset dispositions and wind-downs.
Mr. Surdoval has advised banks, hedge funds, and companies with respect to restructuring, asset sales, and bankruptcy proceedings. He has advised investment banks and potential purchasers on acquisition and divestiture strategies. In addition, he has acted as chief restructuring officer for companies. His experience includes restructuring advisory services related to companies based in Asia, Europe, and the United States.
Before joining BRG Capstone, Mr. Surdoval was a managing director with the Policano & Manzo legacy practice of FTI Consulting from 2001 to 2004. Previously, he was chief financial officer for a publicly listed e-commerce company in Sydney, Australia. He also spent 10 years in the mergers and acquisitions group and the audit practice of a major international public accounting firm.
2001 - 2004
1999 - 2000
News & Insights
News & Commentary
- BRG press releaseJune 1, 2015
Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Consumer Products & Apparel - Corporate Finance
- Entertainment & Media - Corporate Finance
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals - Corporate Finance
- Infrastructure & Energy - Corporate Finance
- Manufacturing, Metals & Mining - Corporate Finance
- Professional & Other Services- Corporate Finance
- Retail & Wholesale Distribution - Corporate Finance
- Technology - Corporate Finance
- Telecommunications - Corporate Finance
- Transportation - Corporate Finance