Jack Surdoval specializes in financial restructuring advisory and crisis management services in the troubled company environment and provides value-added representation to all parties-in-interest. His expertise includes: financial and operational restructuring strategies; business plans and related financial projections; cost cutting and revenue enhancement strategies; liquidity management; asset valuations; structuring and raising of debtor-in-possession (DIP) and other financing; supporting companies through Chapter 11 proceedings; and asset dispositions and wind-downs.
Mr. Surdoval has advised banks, hedge funds, and companies with respect to restructuring, asset sales and bankruptcy proceedings. He has advised investment banks and potential purchasers on acquisition and divestiture strategies. In addition, Mr. Surdoval has acted as chief restructuring officer for companies. Mr. Surdoval’s experience includes restructuring advisory services related to companies based in Asia, Europe and U.S.
Before joining BRG, Mr. Surdoval was an executive director at Capstone Advisory Group, LLC, and was a managing director with the Policano & Manzo legacy practice of FTI Consulting. Previously, he was chief financial officer for a publicly listed e-commerce company in Sydney, Australia. He also spent ten years in the mergers and acquisitions group and the audit practice of a major international public accounting firm.
2001 - 2004
1999 - 2000
News & Insights
News & Commentary
- BRG press releaseJune 1, 2015
Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Consumer Products & Apparel - Corporate Finance
- Entertainment & Media - Corporate Finance
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals - Corporate Finance
- Infrastructure & Energy - Corporate Finance
- Manufacturing, Metals & Mining - Corporate Finance
- Professional & Other Services- Corporate Finance
- Retail & Wholesale Distribution - Corporate Finance
- Technology - Corporate Finance
- Telecommunications - Corporate Finance
- Transportation - Corporate Finance