Eric Wyner is a member of BRG's Healthcare Performance Improvement practice. He has a diverse background and over fifteen years of experience in healthcare supply chain and operations. His areas of responsibility have included contract management, value analysis, process improvement, and cost savings analytics in acute care facilities and academic medical centers.
Mr. Wyner has extensive experience in hospital group purchasing, where he has served in roles including contract and account management. He is proficient in clinical and nonclinical analytics, project management, and project implementation. He provides thought leadership and subject-matter expertise to support delivery of client engagements by:
- Identifying cost savings and process improvement initiatives in all aspects of the supply chain;
- Helping to change cultures and habits across the entire healthcare continuum; and
- Working with hospital value analysis teams, physicians, and senior leadership to develop methodologies and implement sustaining results.
Mr. Wyner is skilled in working in both the clinical and nonclinical arenas, including data analytics, project planning and execution, team facilitation, communication, and change management. Examples of his engagement experience have included:
- Non-labor lead at a two-hospital system in the Southeast, where over $2 million in cost savings reductions were implemented and validated in spinal implants and biologics while consolidating a twenty-five-vendor market share to fewer than five vendors.
- Non-labor work stream lead at a large four-hospital regional system in the Northeast, where the primary focus was on nonclinical purchased/support services.
- Through vendor negotiations and leadership/physician relations, he has helped clients negotiate more than $17 million in cumulative savings in the spine/orthopedic/cardiology implant arenas.
MBA, Management, 2009
BBA, Information Decision Technology Management (MIS), 2004
Berkeley Research Group | Prism
2013 - 2017
Contractor / consultant
2011 - 2013
GNYHA Services, Inc.
Client service executive (account management)
2009 - 2011
2006 - 2009
GNYHA Services Inc.
2004 - 2008
Association of Resource and Materials Management (AHRMM)
Certified Resource and Materials Professional
2011 - present