Bob Butler specializes in providing operating and financial restructuring advisory, crisis management, change agent, and other operational improvement advisory services. He has over 34 years of diverse financial consulting, executive management, and public accounting experience in public and private companies.
Mr. Butler has provided operating and financial advisory services as debtor advisor to New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. from May 2013 through October 2015. Since early 2009, Mr. Butler has provided debtor advisory services to companies, including performing as chief restructuring officer of Spheris Inc. in its successful bankruptcy matter. He has extensive experience in complex bankruptcy and litigation matters (NRG Energy, Mirant, Tropicana Entertainment, Dynegy, and Enron).
Mr. Butler has significant experience in mergers and acquisitions, post-merger integration, cost-reduction initiatives, operational turn-around activities, and a wide range of publicly and privately held company financial and accounting issues.
Prior to joining BRG, Mr. Butler acted as an Executive Director with Capstone Advisory Group, LLC. Previously, he was Managing Director at the Policano & Manzo legacy practice of FTI Consulting. Prior to his restructuring experience, Mr. Butler was Executive Vice President of a beverage manufacturer and Vice President - Business Development with a professional services provider. He has over twenty-nine years of management experience, including at the audit partner level, in public accounting where he worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers, BDO Seidman and Touche Ross.
University of Arizona
Capstone Advisory Group, LLC
Policano & Manzo
News & Insights
News & Commentary
- BRG press releaseJune 7, 2018
- BRG press releaseJune 1, 2015
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Consumer Products & Apparel - Corporate Finance
- Entertainment & Media - Corporate Finance
- Financial Services - Corporate Finance
- Gaming, Lodging, & Hospitality - Corporate Finance
- Infrastructure & Energy - Corporate Finance
- Manufacturing, Metals & Mining - Corporate Finance
- Professional & Other Services- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate & Construction - Corporate Finance
- Technology - Corporate Finance
- Telecommunications - Corporate Finance