Quynh Tran has significant experience in litigation services including dispute resolutions, litigation matters, and fraud and forensic services.
She has managed engagements that have required financial modeling, damage calculation, damage evaluation, and forensic accounting. Specifically, she has experience in the following areas:
- Forensic and Investigative Accounting: participated in internal investigations involving anti-corruption allegations (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), theft of assets by insiders, conflicts of interest, and Ponzi schemes. Work has included detailed analyses of historical accounting records, compliance with books and records provisions, identifying red flags, testing of transactions, tracing of assets and funds, evaluating internal controls, and conducting interviews of relevant witnesses.
- Loss/Damage Determination: used financial models to project past and potential future damages in commercial litigation and arbitration matters such as breach of contract, lost profits, wrongful termination, business interruption, and purchase price disputes. Work has included detailed analyses of historical and projected financial data, review of contractual obligations, substantiation of costs, review of underlying supporting documentation, and evaluation of adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Intellectual Property: calculated economic damages related to matters including lost profits, reasonable royalties, and unjust enrichment.
- Bankruptcy: assisted in matters including the analysis of preference claims, fraudulent conveyances, and solvency determination.
Disputes and investigations practice, managing consultant
2010 – 2012
UHY Advisors FLVS, Inc.
Forensic, litigation and valuation services, manager
2006 – 2010
Washington Mutual Bank
Mortgage banker finance, fraud risk manager, AVP
2002 – 2006
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
Houston Chapter of Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Member
Houston Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Member
The Institute of Internal Auditors, Member
Houston Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors, Member
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, Member
Houston FBI Citizens’ Academy Alumni Association, Member
Oak Forest Elementary PTA
• Finance Committee, Member
• Financial Reconciliation Committee, Member
UST Insights Mentoring Program, Mentor
St. Rose of Lima Catholic Community
• Formation Sub-Committee, Member (2016-2017)
• Hospitality Board, Member (2013-present)
• Spring Festival, Silent Auction Co-Chair (2016)
• Women’s ACTS Retreat, Co-Director (2017)
• Women’s ACTS Retreat, Team Member (2016-present)
Areas of Expertise
University of St. Thomas
MBA, Accounting, 2005
BBA, Accounting and Management Information Systems, 2005