Lori Jeffers, RN, MHA, MPA, is a seasoned healthcare leader with more than twenty years of experience in enterprise transformation, operational efficiency, revenue enhancement, and performance improvement.
Her areas of expertise include process redesign and optimization, organizational change, physician engagement, and project management. Bringing perspective as both a practiced clinician and consultant, she has helped hospitals and health systems across the country increase operational effectiveness through improvements to patient throughput, organizational leadership, facility design and function, staffing, scheduling, and skill mix. She is adept at collaborating with physicians to drive revenue enhancement and cost containment strategies while improving patient experience and overall provider satisfaction.
Before joining BRG, Ms. Jeffers was a senior manager in the healthcare practice of a multibillion-dollar professional services firm. She helped clients achieve clinical and financial improvements by driving enterprise-wide process change through collaboration with clinical and physician leaders, hospital executive leadership teams and governing boards. She led complex client engagements with budgets ranging from $13 million to $550 million to deliver results on time and on budget. Lori also brings revenue cycle experience, particularly involving charge structure and charge capture, and operational efficiency experience focused on the end-to-end patient experience.
Ms. Jeffers’ representative engagements and expertise before joining BRG included:
- Led patient throughput initiatives, leading to decreased ED lengths of stay and left without being seen rates. Also focused on timely transfers and discharges, resulting in overall increased capacity and revenue realization.
- Improved patient experience and physician productivity at large hospital-owned physician practice by streamlining front-end physician office processes, increasing patient throughput and decreasing wait time from over 20 minutes to under 5 minutes.
- Led electronic medical record implementations across a variety of healthcare systems. Implementation included development of governance structures, accelerated consensus building, care plan and order set design using evidence-based clinical content, training and change management, incorporation of meaningful use and quality requirements, adoption and communication strategies, and go-live execution.
- Delivered over $4 million in new revenue opportunities for a Midwestern medical center through retrospective charge capture review and E&M-level education for Emergency Department staff and physicians.
- Performed resource-based pricing projects designed to help hospitals rationalize and standardize their charge structure in perioperative and endoscopic services to better reflect resource consumption.
- Performed formula-based pricing projects in supply and pharmacy areas, increasing pharmacy services annual net revenue by 20 percent at a large academic healthcare system.
Prism Healthcare Partners
Senior manager, Healthcare Strategy and Operations
Ernst & Young
Manager, Health Sciences Advisory Services
Cardinal Health Consulting Services
The Ohio State University
Charge nurse and staff nurse
Madison County Hospital
ICU nurse manager, house officer in charge
Registered Nurse, Licensed in Ohio and Florida
Areas of Expertise
The Ohio State University
University of Pennsylvania