Helen Kean Redpath works as an economist on competition, innovation, policy and regulation projects. She has over a decade of experience, having worked in an investment bank, a local economics firm and global economics firms, as well as with a range of other firms.
Ms. Kean Redpath has led, carried out and delivered on high-profile projects across many sectors. She has successfully testified and acted as an economic expert before competition authorities, including on mergers (testifying as expert witness in the first concurrent evidence case before the Tribunal in South Africa) and market inquiries (acting as quantitative expert in four lengthy data-room processes for market inquiries). She also has acted as expert before the Namibian Competition Commission in the process of abuse of dominance cases.
Ms. Kean Redpath’s sector experience includes:
- Industrials: mining products, diamonds, airline fuel, automotive fuel, automotive, chemicals, rubber, steel, iron ore, surveying equipment, property
- Consumer goods: fresh and frozen meals, oils, animal feed, dairy, poultry, bread, starch, alcohol, tobacco
- Tech and telecoms: digital banks, online platforms, semiconductors, fixed and mobile, undersea cables, print and online media
- Health: pharmaceuticals, hospitals, practitioners, medical schemes, technology, devices, health behaviour, health innovation
- Cross-sector: competition policy, regulation policy, inequality studies, financing studies
Ms. Kean Redpath holds an MSc. in economics (cum laude) from the University of Bologna (Italy) and completes ongoing professional training on competition economics at the Barcelona School of Economics. She writes regularly and has published in local and international journals. She also has been invited to speak at many local law firms and conferences both locally and internationally.
Ms. Kean Redpath has travelled to over twenty-five countries through her work and studies. She has also trained as a professional executive coach and enjoys coaching and mentoring professionals as part of her work.
Percept Actuaries and Consultants
2021 – 2022
2019 – 2022
Econex (acquired by FTI)
2013 – 2019
Corporate finance analyst
Areas of Expertise
University of Bologna
MSc, cum laude
GIBS Business School
Graduate Certificate in Business
Barcelona School of Economics
Professional courses on mergers, abuse of dominance, and digital markets
BComm, Honours, Economics