Chris Brown has more than twenty years of hospital support service leadership and healthcare consulting experience.
He has collaborated with over 150 hospitals across forty-three states through project assessments or engagements/implementations that have ranged from large academic medical centers to critical access facilities. He specializes in not only operational efficiencies to drive down costs but also improved labor optimization, while consistently staying patient satisfaction focused.
Mr. Brown previously was an executive with a support service consulting firm that specialized in food services, facilities, security, patient transport, linen, biomedical, and environmental services departments for both third-party management agreements and self-operated departments.
Representative examples of Mr. Brown’s engagement experience before joining BRG include:
- Led a two-hospital request for a northeastern health system for a request for proposal (RFP) for food and nutrition, which led to $800,000 in operational savings and over $1.4 million in capital infusion at no cost to a client.
- Led a three-hospital self-operated food and environmental services operational improvement project at a Midwest health system that yielded over $1.5 million in savings.
- Assisted client with outsourcing facilities to gain stronger leadership in a southern rural area.
- Averages 10 percent to 15 percent cost reduction/revenue enhancement on addressable spend by executing the implementation of detailed action plans.
- Renegotiated incumbent service agreements that yielded over $5 million across four hospitals at a northeastern health system.
- Acted as team lead on non-labor project for a multistate health system with identified savings of $6 million in support and purchased services, which included patient transport (air and land), courier services, parking, food, and environmental services.
- Converted five food service locations from third-party contract to self-operated departments on the west coast.
- Managed an RFP at a children’s hospital in the Midwest for food services that yielded $850,000 in operational savings and over $1.5 million in capital infusion at no cost to client.
- Led support services operational efficiency engagement across multiple Hawaiian islands, yielding over $1 million in savings.
Mr. Brown is Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified. He has extensive experience with health system program standardization and infrastructure design. He also is well versed in the management of request for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs).
Senior vice president
Morrison Management Services
Food & Nutrition director
Taste Bud’s Café
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified