News | Who's Who Legal
BRG Listed as Leading Firm in Who’s Who Legal Litigation - Expert Witnesses 2020
BRG has achieved first place in the rankings for the inaugural edition of Who’s Who Legal’s Litigation – Expert Witnesses, a guide that ranks the foremost professionals globally for their work across a wide variety of matters, including valuations and compliance issues; and who are well versed on giving testimony on commercial disputes. BRG is listed as the leading firm globally, with twenty experts achieving a ranking, more than double the number of experts listed for its two closest competitors.
In the United States, fifteen experts achieve a profile:
- BRG Chairman David Teece “enjoys a world-class reputation in the market and is commended for the depth of his expertise on disputes related to antitrust and competition as well as intellectual property.” He is based in the firm’s San Francisco Bay Area office.
- Bruce Bingham, a managing director in New York, is recognized “for his extensive knowledge of corporate matters and has wide-ranging experience testifying as an expert witness in state and federal courts.”
- Managing Director Stefan Boedeker “is a consummate economic and consulting expert who conducts analyses for clients in a broad range of sectors.” He works out of BRG’s Century City (Los Angeles), Washington, DC, and Las Vegas offices.
- Bala Dharan, a managing director in Boston, “is held in high esteem for his first-rate practice and strong knowledge of a range of economic and business matters while acting as a testifying expert in litigation.”
- Michael Fahlman, a managing director in Phoenix, is noted as a “distinguished litigation expert, with extensive experience presenting forensic analysis before the FBI, SEC and Department of Justice.”
- Henry Kahwaty, a managing director in Washington, DC, is “widely recommended for his work as an expert, having testified in FTC, Canadian Competition Tribunal and EC hearings.”
- Ozgur Kan is “recommended for his strong experience and cogent advice on financial services-related matters, including credit analysis and bond ratings.” He is a managing director in BRG’s New York office and leads the firm’s Credit Risk Analytics practice.
- Managing Director Christopher Kearns is the co-head of BRG’s Corporate Finance practice. He is a “distinguished expert who has vast experience providing expert testimony on matters involving valuation, lost profits and other issues in distressed scenarios.”
- David Scheffman, a managing director in Washington, DC, is praised for “his dynamic practice which sees him act as expert witness in a variety of mandates from antitrust to intellectual property.”
- Managing Director Jeffery Stec is a leader of the firm’s IP practice based in Chicago. He “is recognised for his impressive work as an expert witness in contentious antitrust, finance and IP matters.”
- Rob McDonald, a director in Washington, DC, is “known among peers as ‘a pleasure to work with’ and has over 20 years of experience with forensics and litigation consulting matters.”
- Caroline Neuhaus, an associate director in Houston, has “notable experience in litigation services related to complex commercial and forensic issues.”
- Yovita Setiabudi, an associate director in Dallas, is an “outstanding expert witness and forensic accountant with impressive experience and expertise with anti-trust, fraud and IP disputes.”
- Michelle Tran, an associate director in Houston, “enjoys the endorsement of peers across the US market for her deep expertise in forensic investigations and economic damages calculations in commercial proceedings.”
- Quynh Tran, an associate director in Houston, is “highlighted by market commentators as a top-notch forensic accountant and expert witness, with extensive experience in fraud and bribery proceedings.”
Globally, three BRG experts from EMEA and two from APAC also achieve a ranking:
- Richard Boulton QC, a managing director in London, “is effusively praised by commentators, who say, ‘Aside from being brilliant, he has an authoritative presence that makes him an excellent expert witness.’”
- The “superb” Greg Harman is “‘excellent under cross-examination’ on valuation of losses.” He leads BRG’s EMEA Disputes practice and is based in London and Johannesburg.
- Managing Director Daniel Ryan is a “‘great presenter’ who is ‘easy to deal with and is great at making complex ideas understandable.’” He is the head of BRG’s London office.
- Managing Director Mustafa Hadi is “‘very personable and a pleasure to work with’ remark impressed sources, with one adding, ‘He has a strong intellect and demonstrates broad knowledge across a number of areas. Mustafa always has a clear understanding of our needs and the requirements of his role, as well as the bigger picture of the case.’” He leads BRG’s Disputes and International Arbitration practice in APAC and is co-leader of BRG’s APAC region. He is based in Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Tigran Ter-Martirosyan is a director in BRG’s Singapore office and is “lauded for his ability to provide a ‘clear, concise, and well-considered analysis of the issues.’ He is ‘undoubtedly a value-add in high-stakes litigation.’”