Enhancing Efficiency for Class Certification and Evidence Gathering with Large Group Claims
BRG’s Greg Harman and Dante Quaglione, Scott + Scott’s Cian Mansfield, Willkie Farr & Gallagher’s Michelle Clark and Monckton Chambers’ Nikolaus Grubeck discussed the use of surveys for large claimant groups in relation to collective actions.
- Whether surveys are a more stable approach to class certification
- How surveys can help identify the correct class (i.e. commonality)
- The status of surveys and sampling as evidence from a legal perspective
- How surveys can be used to calculate damages
- Case studies and practical experience