Patent Infringement Damages: Building Damages Analyses to Last in the Wake of MLC International v. Micron Technology
Krishnan Ramadas joined a panel of experts to discuss recent developments and legal issues surrounding patent infringement cases. They discussed the role of patent litigators and economic experts in framing out and filling in a survivable damages analysis, including:
- An overview of patent infringement damages, including reasonable royalty damages, and the implications of MLC International v. Micron Technology
- Discussion of the application of MLC in the district courts
- The roles of counsel and experts in furnishing the materials for a sound damages analysis; and the perils of failing to take and respond to damages discovery
- The timing of discovery efforts directed to damages
- The use of summary judgment and motions in limine to weed out unsound damages analyses; and keys to survival when defending against such claims
Click here to learn more.