Michelle Tran has significant experience in litigation services including dispute resolutions, litigation matters, and fraud and forensic services.
She has managed complex engagements requiring financial modeling and analysis, damage calculation, valuation analysis, and forensic accounting relating to matters involving:
- Loss/damage determination: analyzed historical accounting data and market research to develop financial models to project past and potential future damages in commercial litigation matters such as breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, wrongful termination, business interruption, lost profits, and ERISA class action.
- Forensic and investigative accounting and fraud investigations: participated in investigations involving fraudulent financial reporting and misappropriation/concealment of assets. The work included detailed analyses of historical financial records, compliance with books and records provisions, identification of red flags, testing of transactions, tracing of funds and assets, and evaluating internal controls.
- Intellectual property and trade secrets matters: calculated economic damages related to various intellectual property matters, including lost profits, reasonable royalties, and unjust enrichment. The work included detailed analyses of historical and projected financial data, review of contractual obligations, substantiation of costs, review of underlying supporting documentation, and evaluation of adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Bankruptcy: assisted in various bankruptcy matters, including the analysis of fraudulent conveyances and solvency determination.
- Application of accounting standards: evaluated accounting and auditing, as well as financial reporting, issues under relevant accounting and auditing standards, including GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Family law disputes: conducted detailed tracing, characterization, and reimbursement analyses, as well as business valuations and search and identification of marital assets and liabilities.
UHY Advisors FLVS, Inc.
2006 – 2011
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSPCA)
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Areas of Expertise
Rice University, Jones Graduate School of Management
BS, Business Administration