David Kennedy is an expert in intellectual property valuation, analysis of claims for infringement damages, and negotiating the economics of patent sales and licensing agreements.
His experience includes determining reasonable royalty rates, negotiating patent sales and license agreements, and performing patent portfolio valuations. He has also managed IP holding companies, raised venture capital for IP-based companies, and provided strategic advice to companies and universities related to patent portfolio divestitures.
Over his thirty-year career, Mr Kennedy:
- Negotiated over one hundred IP-related transactions
- Performed patent portfolio valuations for investor groups, large public companies, and patent holding companies
- Provided forensic consulting services in litigation matters and testified as an expert witness regarding patent values, royalty rates, lost profits, breach of contract, and other forms of economic damages in over fifty litigation and international arbitration proceedings
- Assisted companies and universities in the design and implementation of IP commercialization and licensing strategies
- Has been recognized by Intellectual Asset Management as one of the world’s leading IP strategists
Mr. Kennedy’s professional experience started in 1985 as a CPA for Coopers & Lybrand (now PriceWaterhouseCoopers). He has been recognized as an intellectual property, licensing, and damages expert by the US Department of Justice, US Court of Federal Claims, US district courts, and in ICC international arbitration proceedings.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Licensing Executives Society
Certified Public Accountant, Georgia
Areas of Expertise
University of Georgia
BS, Business Administration, Accounting, 1985