Colleen Sullivan is a director in BRG’s Economic & Damages group. She has over eighteen years of experience advising attorneys and corporate clients with complex economic, financial, accounting, business, litigation, and valuation needs.
She specializes in:
- Damages calculations: lost profits, fraud, punitive
- Forensic and investigative accounting; fraud investigations
- Valuation of business entities
- Intellectual property and trade secrets matters
- Evaluation of accounting and auditing issues, financial reporting, application of generally accepted accounting principles, and auditing standards
- Business interruption claims
- Breach of contract and tortious interference claims
- Construction claims/audits
- Financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting assistance
- Internal accounting controls and development of policies and procedures
Mrs. Sullivan focuses on intellectual property valuations and analysis of claims for infringement damages. This includes determining reasonable royalty rates and performing patent portfolio valuations. She also advises clients in matters involving commercial damage claims measured by lost business opportunities and/or increased costs resulting from alleged breaches of contract, tortious interference, and professional malpractice.
Mrs. Sullivan provides a broad array of construction-related services, including audits, compliance reviews, oversight activities, payment and change order reviews, and claims development and damage assessments due to schedule delays. She also provides consulting and operational process improvement services to project owners experiencing issues with an underperforming project manager and/or general contractor.
Mrs. Sullivan’s clients have included both public and private organizations and top law firms. She has extensive experience with both emerging growth companies and large multinational clients and has served clients primarily in the financial services, telecommunications, pharmaceutical, software, technology, retail, manufacturing, mortgage, and construction industries.
Prior to joining Berkeley Research Group, Mrs. Sullivan spent more than three years in the Forensic and Litigation and Consulting practice of a global business advisory firm and over five years in the Accounting and Financial Consulting practice of a management consulting firm. She has a BS in finance from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Berkeley Research Group, LLC
Director/associate director/senior managing consultant
Huron Consulting Group
Areas of Expertise
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Isenberg School of Management
B.S., Finance, 2004