How to Prepare for the New Rules Now
Traci Creegan and professionals from Reed Smith hosted a five-part webinar series on CMS’s Information Blocking, Interoperability, and Patient Access rules and how they may impact different stakeholders operating in the healthcare industry, patients they treat and serve, and the technology available to improve access to health information.
Each session examined implications of the rules, specific business considerations, and practical guidance on compliance and enforcement issues associated with implementation for healthcare providers, developers of certified health information technology, health plans, and other digital health companies.
This series may be of interest broadly to in-house legal teams, compliance officers, and C-suite executives at healthcare providers, health plans/payors, healthcare technology companies, and financial institutions investing in or lending to these entities.
- March 11: Introduction to the Information Blocking, Interoperability, and Patient Access Rules
- March 25: Information Blocking Rule 411: Your Questions Answered
- April 8: ONC’s 2015 Edition Cures Update to the Health IT Certification Program
- April 22: CMS’s New Interoperability and Patient Access Requirements for Health Plans and Providers (Brian Hoyt also took part)
- May 6: Implications for Tech Transactions: Do I Really Need to Talk to My Technology Team?