Education and Mentorship
Leg Up Program
Leg Up is an accessible educational and mentorship program geared toward high school students. The program is intended to inspire lifelong learners and enhance participants’ opportunities for advanced degree programs.
Learn more about the Leg Up Program
Make a Difference
BRG’s Leg Up Program is an accessible educational and mentorship program intended to inspire lifelong learners and enhance participants’ opportunities for advanced degree programs.
Our commitment to racial, ethnic, and gender equality extends the idea of Intelligence That Works to the underserved youth in our communities.
Each year, BRG partners with local high schools and organizations to identify high-potential students in ninth through twelfth grades. The program includes a weeklong summer session that consists of a welcome event, four consecutive days on site, and various class offerings. The program offers educational sessions, skill-building sessions, networking opportunities, and electives.
Upon completion of the program, students continue to participate in events including college admission panels, local day trips, and informational sessions with our experts.
BRG professionals mentor students through the college application process by matching students to a mentor on a person-by-person basis with hopes that the relationship extends beyond the program.
Goals of the Program
- Provide lifelong networks of similarly situated students and BRG professionals
- Close the gaps between race, gender, and opportunity
- Eliminate education barriers for underrepresented diverse youth
- Increase exposure to business, economic, and related industries
- Provide context to various career options through the lens of an entrepreneurial framework
- Establish a diverse talent pipeline for BRG