BRG’s Care Transformation team employs a data-driven approach co-led by physicians and nurses that reduces clinical operating costs while maintaining or enhancing quality.
As healthcare organizations strive to bend the cost curve, they must expand their focus from “unit-cost” efficiency in treating patients to include healthcare reform, new care-delivery models, and an enhanced focus on the quality and value of the care delivered.
BRG’s Care Transformation teams employ a data-driven approach co-led by physicians and nurses that reduces clinical operating costs while maintaining or enhancing quality. Our staff includes clinicians, healthcare administrators, data scientists, and experts with credentials and experience evaluating utilization, quality, and patient-centered cost of care, as well as more traditional departmental cost focuses.
Our care transformation focus areas include:
- Care Variation: reduce costly variation in clinical care in the ambulatory, acute, and post-acute settings
- Utilization: reduce overutilization of labs, radiology, pharmacy, and supplies
- Care Models: redesign inpatient and outpatient physician care paths and nursing care models
- Care Transitions: improve patient throughput, decrease length of stay (LOS), reduce readmissions, collaborate with post-acute providers, and engage physicians with actionable data
- Emergency Department Optimization: end-to-end process redesign with the goal of decreasing left-without-being-seen rates, boarding of patients, and departmental operating costs while improving staffing efficiency and patient outcomes and increasing stakeholder satisfaction
- Patient Care Optimization: features industry-leading tools and techniques for improving inpatient and post-acute patient outcomes, managing a variable nursing workforce, educating and growing nurse leaders, and providing pertinent real-time data for patient care leaders to impact nursing-sensitive quality indicators and departmental operating expenses
- Perioperative Optimization: comprehensive redesign of the perioperative service platform, including an empowered operating room governance structure, relevant performance metrics, efficient utilization of block scheduling practices and staffing resources, decreased operating costs, and increased surgical volumes and revenue
Explore Related Insights
Emergency Nursing 2021
September 22-25, 2021
Implementing the Lean Management System to Influence Unfinished Nursing Care
Three Critical Strategies to Monitor Revenue Cycle Workforce Productivity
June 8, 2021
Data Collection, Multidisciplinary Communication Help Unit Consolidations Run Smoothly
May 28, 2021
The Road to Recovery: How Health Systems Are Recapturing Lost Revenue in 2021
May 26, 2021
Perioperative Productivity Management
May 17, 2021
BRG’s Healthcare Performance Improvement Practice Collaborates with Mednition to Strengthen Data-Driven Performance Improvement with AI-Powered Clinical Solution
May 12, 2021
BRG Nurse Executive Virtual Forum: The Impact of an Effective Nursing Leadership Team
April 14, 2021
ACHE Congress on Healthcare Leadership
March 25, 2021
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.