BRG’s Care Transformation team employs a data-driven approach co-led by physicians and nurses that reduces clinical operating costs while maintaining or enhancing quality.
As healthcare organizations strive to bend the cost curve, they must expand their focus from “unit-cost” efficiency in treating patients to include healthcare reform, new care-delivery models, and an enhanced focus on the quality and value of the care delivered.
BRG’s Care Transformation teams employ a data-driven approach co-led by physicians and nurses that reduces clinical operating costs while maintaining or enhancing quality. Our staff includes clinicians, healthcare administrators, data scientists, and experts with credentials and experience evaluating utilization, quality, and patient-centered cost of care, as well as more traditional departmental cost focuses.
Our care transformation focus areas include:
- Care Variation: reduce costly variation in clinical care in the ambulatory, acute, and post-acute settings
- Utilization: reduce overutilization of labs, radiology, pharmacy, and supplies
- Care Models: redesign inpatient and outpatient physician care paths and nursing care models
- Care Transitions: improve patient throughput, decrease length of stay (LOS), reduce readmissions, collaborate with post-acute providers, and engage physicians with actionable data
- Emergency Department Optimization: end-to-end process redesign with the goal of decreasing left-without-being-seen rates, boarding of patients, and departmental operating costs while improving staffing efficiency and patient outcomes and increasing stakeholder satisfaction
- Patient Care Optimization: features industry-leading tools and techniques for improving inpatient and post-acute patient outcomes, managing a variable nursing workforce, educating and growing nurse leaders, and providing pertinent real-time data for patient care leaders to impact nursing-sensitive quality indicators and departmental operating expenses
- Perioperative Optimization: comprehensive redesign of the perioperative service platform, including an empowered operating room governance structure, relevant performance metrics, efficient utilization of block scheduling practices and staffing resources, decreased operating costs, and increased surgical volumes and revenue
Explore Related Insights
Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) Conference 2022
September 30 - October 3, 2022
Nurse Executive Podcast: Emergency Behavioral Healthcare and Implementation of 988
September 1, 2022
Nurse Executive Podcast: Inaugural Episode and Current Industry Trends
August 15, 2022
Medical Practices Can Use Digital Transformation to Provide Better Care
Becker's Hospital Review 12th Annual Meeting
April 25-28, 2022
Improving Emergency Department Throughput and Labor Expenses
March 2, 2022
Improving Hospital Throughput When Strategies Fall Short
February 24, 2022
ESI Triage Distribution in U.S. Emergency Departments
Enhancing Patient Access and Network Integrity through Centralized Patient Navigation
January 20, 2022
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.