BRG’s Care Transformation team employs a data-driven approach co-led by physicians and nurses that reduces clinical operating costs while maintaining or enhancing quality.
As healthcare organizations strive to bend the cost curve, they must expand their focus from “unit-cost” efficiency in treating patients to include healthcare reform, new care-delivery models, and an enhanced focus on the quality and value of the care delivered.
BRG’s Care Transformation teams employ a data-driven approach co-led by physicians and nurses that reduces clinical operating costs while maintaining or enhancing quality. Our staff includes clinicians, healthcare administrators, data scientists, and experts with credentials and experience evaluating utilization, quality, and patient-centered cost of care, as well as more traditional departmental cost focuses.
Our care transformation focus areas include:
- Care Variation: reduce costly variation in clinical care in the ambulatory, acute, and post-acute settings
- Utilization: reduce overutilization of labs, radiology, pharmacy, and supplies
- Care Models: redesign inpatient and outpatient physician care paths and nursing care models
- Care Transitions: improve patient throughput, decrease length of stay (LOS), reduce readmissions, collaborate with post-acute providers, and engage physicians with actionable data
- Emergency Department Optimization: end-to-end process redesign with the goal of decreasing left-without-being-seen rates, boarding of patients, and departmental operating costs while improving staffing efficiency and patient outcomes and increasing stakeholder satisfaction
- Patient Care Optimization: features industry-leading tools and techniques for improving inpatient and post-acute patient outcomes, managing a variable nursing workforce, educating and growing nurse leaders, and providing pertinent real-time data for patient care leaders to impact nursing-sensitive quality indicators and departmental operating expenses
- Perioperative Optimization: comprehensive redesign of the perioperative service platform, including an empowered operating room governance structure, relevant performance metrics, efficient utilization of block scheduling practices and staffing resources, decreased operating costs, and increased surgical volumes and revenue
Explore Related Insights
Nurse Executive Podcast: Nursing Workforce Engagement
January 31, 2023
Nurse Executive Podcast: Nurses Serving on Boards to Improve Community Health
January 16, 2023
Nurse Executive Podcast: Nursing Span of Control
January 6, 2023
Nurse Executive Podcast: Nursing Leadership’s Role in Care Transitions
December 15, 2022
Nurse Executive Podcast: Medical Surgical Nursing
December 1, 2022
Nurse Executive Podcast: Structural and Implicit Bias in Nursing Practice
October 14, 2022
Nurse Executive Podcast: Emergency Nursing in America and Its Implications for the Nurse Executive
September 30, 2022
Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) Conference 2022
September 30 - October 3, 2022
Nurse Executive Podcast: Emergency Behavioral Healthcare and Implementation of 988
September 1, 2022
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.