Randy Moon is a human resources leader and board advisor who drives cultural, organizational, and talent change initiatives that support corporate objectives.
He helps companies build capabilities to strengthen workforce assets, respond to customers, and increase confidence from investors. He is a respected professional with thirty years of experience as an HR executive and attorney (currently not practicing). He possesses broad business and financial acumen to deliver human capital strategies in a cost-effective manner that optimizes performance. He began his career as a tax and ERISA attorney.
Mr. Moon was previously the top HR executive at one of the largest agri-businesses in the world. He was also a senior vice president of HR at a major home improvement retail company.
Mr. Moon has extensive experience as an ERISA fiduciary, having led the global employee benefits functions and chaired the ERISA fiduciary committees at three Fortune 100 companies.
Mr. Moon has been an expert witness in litigation, where he provided reports and was deposed in cases involving ERISA fiduciary claims and other HR matters in state and federal courts.
Mr. Moon has significant experience managing issues associated with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. This experience includes due diligence, negotiation, and integration.
Since 2018, Mr. Moon has been an adjunct professor teaching the labor relations course in the Masters of Human Resources program at the University of South Carolina Darla Moore School of Business in Columbia, South Carolina.
Mr. Moon’s selected career highlights include:
- Served as a pension trustee for defined benefit retirement plans in the UK, Ireland, and Jamaica and led the committee, made up of senior corporate executives, responsible for pension plan and defined contribution plan investments in the US and Canada.
- Oversaw global talent management for 250,000 employees at home improvement retail company.
- Modernized compensation and benefits programs worldwide for a global company, helping create unified brand philosophy.
- Co-created pioneering joint and spine surgery program that covered surgical expenses at flagship medical institutions. Other Fortune 100 companies joined in a negotiating alliance.
- Acted as general counsel of a luxury resort in West Virginia.
North Cove Advisors, LLC
2016 – 2018
Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
Senior HR executive
2011 – 2016
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Senior HR executive
2002 – 2011
2000 – 2002
Attorney (corporate staff attorney and general counsel of the Greenbrier Resort)
1991 – 1999
Jaffe, Snider, Raitt & Heuer
1986 – 1991
Coopers & Lybrand
1985 – 1986
State Bar of Michigan
American Bar Association
Areas of Expertise
Wayne State University Law School
University of Michigan
BA, Political Science, 1981