False Claims & Qui Tam Investigations
Our expert team works with legal counsel to fully investigate and assist in successful investigation and resolution of these matters.
Companies with federal government contracts and grants are subject to scrutiny for potential false claims, whistleblower allegations, antitrust, and fraud investigations. Our expert team works with legal counsel to fully investigate and assist in successful investigation and resolution of these matters.
What We Do
- We perform forensic accounting and fraud investigations, typically with outside counsel, to investigate, reconstruct, and analyze details and underlying records. Our most significant contribution to an investigation typically involves reconstructing and distilling large quantities of disorganized and/or incomplete accounting data and documents, and parsing complex financial transactions.
- Whistleblower/qui tam investigations and resolution: We can investigate allegations of company misconduct from internal sources or arising under the False Claims Act.
- We support OIG, DOJ, and government audits and investigations. We assist counsel with contentious audit matters and develop analyses designed to withstand the scrutiny of review boards and other dispute resolution venues. We work with clients to manage the dialog involving auditors and contracting officers, to improve the chances of our clients avoiding additional issues and quickly resolving audit issues.
- Mandatory disclosures: We assist in the analysis of the appropriate information and in the preparation of the government disclosure
- False Claims allegations: We provide forensic support in investigation of potential violation of the civil False Claims Act or federal criminal law involving fraud, conflict of interest, bribery, or gratuity.