With courts across the country closed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, attorneys working remotely, and no clear timetable for when the backlog of cases will resume, litigants in Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) class actions may find themselves increasingly oriented toward mediation.
Berkeley Research Group and Troutman Sanders hosted an interactive webinar on preparing TCPA class actions for successful mediation and settlement. Topics included:
- Understanding the players and selecting the right mediator
- Strategic considerations on timing
- Positioning the case for mediation
- How best to use expert data analysis to prepare for mediation
- Crafting settlement terms
Speakers included BRG’s David Kalat and Samrah Mahmoud of Troutman Sanders.
Listen to the event recording. Recording password is Tcpa2020!