Virtual Correspondent Banking Academy
Over $254 billion was invested globally into at least eighteen thousand fintech startups through venture capital funds in the past few years. Walter Mix took part in a virtual classroom session to discuss the future of banking as the rise of fintechs continues.
The event focused on:
- Fintech business models: what is a ‘fintech’?
- Regulatory and compliance considerations for fintechs
- Partnerships with financial institutions
- Various payment types employed by fintechs, such as use of cryptocurrencies
- Lessons learned and trends we are seeing, in particular from Silicon Valley
- Key risk management requirements and advice for growing fintechs
- Fraud and potential pitfalls