Lucio Freire Cardoso has over 12 years of experience in the financial, accounting, and tax industries. He focuses on financial management and cost analysis, forensic accounting, tax law, business, and project management with in-country and regional tax projects. He focuses on best practices of law enforcement and tax planning.
Mr. Cardoso has experience with conflict management, analysis of partnerships, and contracts. His expertise includes implementation and coordination of tax functions, review of indirect and direct taxes, and support of business opportunities from a tax perspective. He has been responsible for identifying tax-planning opportunities and conflict management.
Mr. Cardoso has prepared and analyzed damages claims including lost profits, increased costs, unjust enrichment, reasonable royalties and other measures of economic damages. He has been involved in process management in strategic planning, controllership, auditing, financial planning, cost calculation and analysis, budget X actuals analysis (costs, expenses and results), loss management, accounts payable and receivable, and bank reconciliation and price and margin formation. He also has experience with analysis of financial statements; need for working capital; balance sheets; cash flow; administrative, operational, and financial rates; and development of financial and managerial reports. His technical skills include the analysis of new investment projects through the use of NPV, IRR, and Payback.
Mr. Cardoso has a Bachelor of Accounting, Accountant Focus on Financial Management and Auditing, from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. He is Certified by the Federal Accounting Council (CFC). His experience includes:
- Preparation of cost centers, planning, and control of logistics of projects
- Controls for the verification of audits of the use and waste of material, as well as of the use of manpower for man/hour
- Management of out-of-court and in-court billing systems of contracts
- Follow-up and/or coordination of accounting and tax (outsourced), Treasury (accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash flow), procurement, costs, and sales
- Analysis and control of budget versus actuals
- Evaluation of clients’ payment capability
- Economic-financial feasibility studies of new businesses, by means of VPL, TIR, and Discounted Payback
- Negotiation and analysis of purchase conditions, prices, and payments
- Analysis of internal controls and inventory controls