Greg Helman brings more than ten years of healthcare consulting experience with significant expertise in labor and non-labor assessment and project implementation.
While working at a major consulting firm, he led the labor and non-labor assessments of support services departments, including Food & Nutrition, Environmental Services, Security, and Plant Operations. He is a subject-matter expert in support and purchased services, with a focus on achieving cost savings through operational efficiencies, workflow management, resource optimization, product standardization, and improved patient satisfaction.
Mr. Helman’s representative engagements and expertise before joining BRG included:
- Led a multihospital RFP for support services covering Food & Nutrition, Environmental Services, Vending Services, and Plant Operations, which led to $3.8 million in labor savings and $942,000 in Food & Nutrition operational savings in a health system in the northeast United States.
- Support services lead on multihospital non-labor projects with $1.4 million in identified savings, including system energy acquisition strategy, linen vendor change, food and nutrition market basket, vending services, and waste stream analysis. In addition, identified $1.9 million in e-payable rebates for project finance team.
- Team lead on non-labor project with identified savings of $9.1 million in support and purchased services to include GPO assessment, inventory management, distribution agreement review/optimization, energy supply and demand, parking revenue, IT, and courier services.
- Led a support services team on a four-hospital system non-labor project resulting in $2 million of identified savings in support services areas, while working as a managing consultant.
- Reduced outside contract costs for a net savings of $157,000 in clinical engineering by adding one full-time equivalent (FTE) and training staff to maintain equipment in house.
- Food & EVS lead on non-labor cost reductions for two Minneapolis-based hospital systems, which resulted in annualized savings of over $1.7 million.
- Eliminated 27 FTEs in a three-hospital Florida system while leading an implementation of labor cost reductions, which led to an annualized savings of $685,000 in Food & Environmental services department.
- Support services team lead on a non-labor project for a West Coast hospital system, resulting in $11 million of identified savings in areas such as environmental services supplies, medical surgical distribution contracts, and reduction of net cost per patient day.
BRG Healthcare Partners
AFR Solutions (Soriant Healthcare)
Regional operation manager
Food & Nutrition department manager
Latrobe Area Hospital
Food production supervisor
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
BS, Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management