Pharmacy Operations & Advisory Consulting
BRG experts and consultants combine intellectual rigor with practical real-world experience and an in-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and market.
To complement the extensive industry experience of BRG Health Analytics professionals, BRG has experienced pharmacists to provide sophisticated and innovative assistance to pharmacies and life sciences companies. BRG is well positioned to provide programs and help track, manage, and grow your pharmacy business while maintaining compliance with current regulations.
BRG experts and consultants combine intellectual rigor with practical real-world experience and an in-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and market. Our pharmacists have deep expertise in hospital, retail, industry, mail order, specialty, long-term-care pharmacies, and patient management hubs.
Pharmacy Inspection, Process Review, and Audit Preparation
Our skilled team will perform inspections and help identify areas of weakness, prepare a gap analysis and corrective recommendations, assist in corrective actions, and perform reinspection to confirm compliance. Our team’s areas of expertise include:
- Prescription filling and billing practices
- Retail and mail pharmacy practices and standards of care
- Pharmacy dispensing systems and claims adjudication processes
- Returned goods policies
- Pharmacy product selection and substitution rules
- Fraud, waste, and abuse
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens standards
- Immunization programs and requirements
- Organizational review of current medication safety practices
- Assessment of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Pedigree assessments
- 340B compliance review
- Pharmacy services agreements
Due Diligence and Valuation
Whether you are buying, selling, or looking to improve your pharmacy operations, BRG professionals can assist with a thorough due diligence review that incorporates:
- Operations, business strategy, and market opportunities
- Prescription benefit plan audit (prescription claims and rebates)
- Marketing strategy for cash or third-party payers
- Medicaid issues
- Contract review
- Licensure and sanction issues
If you are involved in litigation or in search of proactive services, our team can help address potential operations or regulatory or contract compliance issues to improve your compliance with evolving regulations. Our team can also provide consulting and expert witness testimony in the pharmacy area and, more broadly, in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors.
Explore Related Insights
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.