Energy Markets & Forecasting
Our market economic and analytic team provides decades of experience in delivering sophisticated analysis and market simulation models that are grounded in our team’s extensive market, commercial, regulatory, technical, and financial expertise.
In increasingly dynamic and complex global energy markets, companies need to process vast amounts of data, as well as news about governmental policies and market developments, in a coherent manner to understand their implications and stay ahead of the competition. The critical challenge is to anticipate the future and not become lost in the weeds of complex, inconsistent, and often opaque data and policy information.
BRG Energy & Climate professionals have industry-leading expertise in the analysis and forecasting of electricity, natural gas, and LNG supply, demand, markets, and pricing throughout North America and worldwide. We provide this analysis directly to our clients through bespoke engagements in the areas of strategic, commercial, financial, and project development advisory services.
We also deliver our market analysis and forecasting to clients via cloud-enabled products, such as LNG Wayfinder and LNG Horizon.
- LNG Market and Price Analysis on the Cloud
- LNG Wayfinder (historical analysis)
- LNG Horizon (long-term forecasts)
- LNG Horizon Forecast Model: Our global gas model provides a rigorous, integrated forecast of global gas and LNG markets. It is a non-linear economic optimization model that projects global supply, demand, trade, and prices of natural gas and LNG; and solves for equilibrium, market-clearing prices, and volumes for every hub and time point throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, and worldwide.
- Flexibility Valuation Model (FVM): FVM provides a realistic view of the real-option value of contracts and portfolio flexibility. FVM quantifies the value of destination and/or flexibility in LNG contracts and portfolios based on projected equilibrium price expectations and the expected volatility of those prices. It simulates a trading strategy for short-term trade to optimize the value available from equilibrium prices and their volatility—for sales to the most profitable markets and/or for procurement of supplies from the most economic sources.
- Energy market and price analysis
- Energy market and price forecasting
- Energy supply chain analysis
- Energy competitive analysis
Explore Related Insights
BRG Energy & Climate Adds Two Power and Renewables Experts
February 3, 2021
PE Live: US Transition May Cost ‘Challenging but Feasible’ Net $1tn
February 3, 2021
PE Live: From Resource Scarcity to Energy Abundance
January 27, 2021
From Resource Scarcity to Energy Abundance and Infinite Supply
January 25, 2021
LNG Market Under Increasing Pressure
January 4, 2021
What to Expect from the Biden Administration
January 4, 2021
Will COVID Crimp LNG as Bunker Fuel?
August 3, 2020
BRG Energy & Climate Launches Enhanced LNG Wayfinder, Powered by Kpler LNG Trade and Shipping Data
July 31, 2020
COVID-19 and the Post-Pandemic Economy: Implications for Energy Financing and Capital Access
May 1, 2020
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.