Energy Markets & Forecasting
Our market economic and analytic team provides decades of experience in delivering sophisticated analysis and market simulation models that are grounded in our team’s extensive market, commercial, regulatory, technical, and financial expertise.
In increasingly dynamic and complex global energy markets, companies need to process vast amounts of data, as well as news about governmental policies and market developments, in a coherent manner to understand their implications and stay ahead of the competition. The critical challenge is to anticipate the future and not become lost in the weeds of complex, inconsistent, and often opaque data and policy information.
BRG Energy & Climate professionals have industry-leading expertise in the analysis and forecasting of electricity, natural gas, and LNG supply, demand, markets, and pricing throughout North America and worldwide. We provide this analysis directly to our clients through bespoke engagements in the areas of strategic, commercial, financial, and project development advisory services.
We also deliver our market analysis and forecasting to clients via cloud-enabled products, such as LNG Wayfinder and LNG Horizon.
- LNG Market and Price Analysis on the Cloud
- LNG Wayfinder (historical analysis)
- LNG Horizon (long-term forecasts)
- LNG Horizon Forecast Model: Our global gas model provides a rigorous, integrated forecast of global gas and LNG markets. It is a non-linear economic optimization model that projects global supply, demand, trade, and prices of natural gas and LNG; and solves for equilibrium, market-clearing prices, and volumes for every hub and time point throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, and worldwide.
- Flexibility Valuation Model (FVM): FVM provides a realistic view of the real-option value of contracts and portfolio flexibility. FVM quantifies the value of destination and/or flexibility in LNG contracts and portfolios based on projected equilibrium price expectations and the expected volatility of those prices. It simulates a trading strategy for short-term trade to optimize the value available from equilibrium prices and their volatility—for sales to the most profitable markets and/or for procurement of supplies from the most economic sources.
- Energy market and price analysis
- Energy market and price forecasting
- Energy supply chain analysis
- Energy competitive analysis
Explore Related Insights
8th HAEE Energy Transition Symposium 2023
September 27-29, 2023
Who’s Who Legal Energy 2023
July 27, 2023
July 10-13, 2023
The California Gasoline Conspiracy
February 8, 2023
Washington’s Oil Price Cap Won’t Work—And Putin Knows It
November 30, 2022
22nd World LNG Summit and Awards
November 29 – December 2, 2022
2022 North American Gas Forum
October 24-26, 2022
2022 ACORE Grid Forum
October 13, 2022
XXXI La Jolla Energy Conference
September 28-29, 2022
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.