We focus on matters fundamentally related to emerging markets, regardless of the locale or source of transactions, operations, disputes, or policies.
BRG’s Emerging Markets practice operates across all of the firm’s lines of business. The practice focuses on matters fundamentally related to emerging markets, regardless of the locale or source of transactions, operations, disputes, or policies. Our clients have included US and non-US corporations, law firms, banks, private equity funds, institutional investors, pensions, sovereign wealth funds, and family offices.
Who We Are
Our team is composed of professionals with seasoned practitioner experience in:
- Commercial international trade and investment dispute litigation and arbitration and damages
- Antitrust, competition policy, utility regulation
- Negotiation of sovereign international trade agreements and investment treaties
- Corruption compliance, reputational due diligence, investigations, remedies
- Foreign investment regulation (e.g., CFIUS), especially operational strategies, remedies, third-party monitoring
- Strategic advice on M&A/JV transactions, greenfield investment, public-private partnerships (PPPs)
- Corporate governance incentives, CSR investments, activist shareholder strategies
- Structuring private equity deals and portfolio company exits
- Risk mitigation in global supply chain management
- Privatization transactions
- Executing independent Economic Impact Assessments (EIA) of investments
- Bespoke high-level workshops for C-suites and boards on specific topics related to current themes/policies
Our professionals have field-level expertise in over eighty emerging markets across five major regions:
- Asia: China, Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), India, Nepal
- Latin America: majority of countries in Central America, South America, and the Caribbean
- Russia, Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), and Europe: majority of former Soviet Union (FSU); all of Eastern and Central Europe; The Balkans; Turkey
- Sub-Saharan Africa: majority of countries on the continent
- Middle East: UAE, Kuwait, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia
Explore Related Insights
CFIUS Transaction Strategy Services
Bilateral Talks with Kenya to Recommence as US Aims for Its First Sub-Saharan Free Trade Agreement
July 15, 2022
It Will Take Generations to Change
May 9, 2022
Sri Lanka’s Chaos Highlights Dangers of Chinese Debt for Africa
April 19, 2022
This Is Not the End of Globalization As We Know It
April 19, 2022
Will African Countries Give Beleaguered Russia a Lifeline?
April 4, 2022
What Companies Fleeing Russia Are Failing to Consider
March 18, 2022
B3W Infrastructure Plan: Can It Rival China’s BRI?
October 21, 2021
Global Supply Chains’ Crisis Is Much Bigger Than the Pandemic; The Transformation They’re Undergoing Is the Cure
September 30, 2021
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.