Complex Insurance Claims
BRG has a broad range of experience in counseling policyholders, insurers, reinsurers, regulators, and legislators.
BRG brings the appropriate blend of technical skills, objectivity, and industry expertise to advise our clients on complex insurance matters. BRG has a broad range of experience in counseling policyholders, insurers, reinsurers, regulators, and legislators. Our experts have substantial expertise with property and casualty, as well as life and health insurance matters. BRG insurance professionals include accountants, financial analysts, fraud specialists, economists, statisticians, actuaries, and former industry personnel.
Property and Casualty Insurance
BRG has significant experience analyzing large, complex liability and first-party insurance claims. Our litigation work has included analysis, expert testimony, and settlement‐related services. We have experience with a wide variety of liability insurance claims, including environmental, asbestos and other health hazards, design and construction defect, managed care, D&O, and fidelity. We also have extensive experience with first‐party insurance claims for property damage, extra expense, and loss of business income stemming from hurricanes and other weather events, fires, explosions and other loss events.
For liability insurance claims, we provide services in:
- Designing and implementing claims management systems
- Analyzing historical claims and estimating future liabilities
- Conducting historical research on company-specific ownership; operations; product sales, distribution, and uses; and industry practices and awareness with respect to liability
- Performing allocations of liability costs to insurance coverage
- Analyzing and administering coverage‐in‐place agreements
- Conducting statistical and probabilistic studies of claim value and potential insurance recovery in light of factual and legal uncertainties
- Preparing and presenting liability insurance claims to U.S. insurers, and London Market and other foreign insurers, and advising in settlement negotiations
- Providing expert witness testimony on claims sampling studies, damages, insurance allocation, and other issues
- Providing litigation support and information management services
For first‐party insurance claims, we provide services in:
- Identifying loss areas and valuing losses
- Preparing loss estimates to obtain advance payments and set appropriate reserves
- Preparing comprehensive, credible claims and proof-of-loss statements
- Communicating with adjusters and accountants, and coordinating efficient exchanges of information throughout the underwriters’ claim review process
- Reviewing and analyzing claim adjustments
- Providing expert testimony and settlement support
Life and Health Insurance
BRG has extensive experience and expertise with life and health insurance matters. We have provided strategy and management advisory services, services relating to regulatory and governmental oversight issues, litigation and dispute resolution services, and policy analysis. Our litigation experience includes multidistrict consolidated matters and class action matters.
BRG’s capabilities in the life and health insurance sector include:
- Market analysis
- Operational reviews and strategic planning
- Compliance reviews and reporting
- Government and internal investigation reviews
- Class certification and decertification analyses
- Analyzing institutional and industry sales practices
- Financial and transactional analysis
- Claims analysis
- Expert testimony and settlement advisory services
Related ContactsSee All
Explore Related Insights
It’s Hurricane Season: What Business Owners Must Do to Prepare for a Potential Claim
October 31, 2022
What Businesses Can Do to Prepare for Hurricane Season 2022 and Understand Their Business Interruption Coverage
War in Ukraine Raises Uncertainty for Political, Cyber Policies
May 6, 2022
Construction Insurance 2022: Moving Past COVID-19
March 7, 2022
Is Your Company Prepared for the 2021 Hurricane Season?
July 19, 2021
BRG Professionals Ranked In Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance 2021
March 25, 2021
BRG Professionals Ranked Among Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance 2020
October 27, 2020
COVID-19 as Not Unique but New Generic Problem
The COVID-19 Class Action
May 20, 2020
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.