We are experienced, independent investment management fiduciaries and advisors.
Structural problems often arise in tail-end funds or uncertain investment situations that inhibit the timely and efficient return of investor capital:
- Limited operating capacity or focus at the incumbent manager
- Lack of economic incentive for the incumbent manager
- Crisis event impacting the incumbent manager
- Lack of specialized expertise at incumbent manager to deal with highly illiquid or distressed fund assets
BRG Asset Management acts as sub-advisors or replacement asset managers specializing in the management of challenged or tail-end investments. We are dedicated to helping maximize the return of capital to investors.
We serve a client base that includes many of the world’s leading PE and hedge fund investors. Our team includes experienced fund management and operations executives and restructuring, banking, valuation, and industry professionals. We possess a strong track record of maximizing NAV realization on behalf of investors in numerous Investment Fund (PE, VC, Hedge, Fund of Funds) and Trust situations.
We don’t do fire sales. We assume fiduciary responsibility and execute a strategy to efficiently return net asset value to investors by:
- Establishing an asset management plan designed to reflect fund- and asset-level considerations and the specific desires of stakeholders
- Leveraging our core competency in the management of tail-end assets and end-of-life fund interests
- Realigning incentives with investors focused solely on the highest and timely return of investor capital
- Implementing our multi-asset-class operating model to reduce operating expenses as AUM declines
- Working alongside existing Fund Directors or LPAC members to maintain an effective governance framework
Explore Related Insights
Investors Face Longer Lockup Periods as Fund Life Spans Rise
August 24, 2020
SDNY Authorizes the Closing of Remaining Refco Capital Markets Chapter 11 Cases
January 30, 2020
GP-Led Transactions: A Way for Limited Partners to Get the Transparency, Analysis, and Options They Want in Complex Deals
June 5, 2019
Abraaj’s Fall Putting Heat on Consultants
May 27, 2019
How GPs Can Take the Lead on GP-Leds
May 9, 2019
ILPA Issues Guidance on GP-Led Secondaries — Key Takeaways
April 11, 2019
Extracting Liquidity from Tail-End Assets
December 2018/January 2019
Leadoff: All About ROI
The Phases of a Hedge Fund Closure
April 28, 2017
Our industry knowledge is broad and deep.
BRG combines intellectual rigor with practical, real-world experience. We have an in-depth understanding of industries and markets, with expertise spanning the major sectors of the global economy. Following are some of the many sectors that we know inside and out.