Our team has experience representing companies and creditors on restructuring matters throughout the region. Our focus includes strategies to conserve liquidity, strategic and business planning and financial modeling, analysis and negotiation of restructuring alternatives and bankruptcy planning, and management of the turnaround process.
Analysis & Negotiation of Restructuring
BRG’s Corporate Finance team has worked with companies’ boards of directors, investors, lenders, and creditors to deliver restructuring and business transformation solutions to clients. We offer a full spectrum of advisory services, including financial and operational restructuring, performance improvement, valuations, insolvency and divestiture analysis, capital and debt market advisory, interim management, and post-acquisition integration, as well as stakeholder communications strategy development and tax advisory services.
Our experts are experienced at evaluating the operations and structure of a company as a means of potentially eliminating financial harm and achieving greater efficiency and profit. Our industry expertise—which includes an emphasis on mining, energy, retail and consumer products, and telecommunications—spans our network of offices across the Latin America region.
BRG’s team of bankruptcy professionals offers services that include pre bankruptcy work-out activities, the sale of company and/or business units (out of court or in bankruptcy proceeding), and guidance in the liquidation and wind-down of a company.
Bridge, Exit & Debtor in Possession Financing
BRG experts assist clients in structuring and negotiating pre-bankruptcy and bankruptcy-related financings, including debtor-in-possession (DIP) financings and bridge and exit financings. Our clients include both borrowers and lenders that require the timely financial and operational diligence associated with developing a workout or restructuring of existing debt facilities that are often associated with distressed lending.
Going Concern & Liquidation Valuations
Liquidation services include:
- Manage personnel and develop appropriate retention strategies in a wind-down context
- Develop and operate wind-downs in accordance with a budget and agreed-upon timeline
- Negotiate settlements for all executory contracts, including leases
- Negotiate and resolve customer and creditor claims, where necessary
- Sale of estate assets, including subsidiaries
- Preserve corporate records (electronic and hard copy) and historical knowledge
Interim & Crisis Management
BRG has substantial experience in providing interim management and overall advisory services to companies. Our professionals have held senior corporate management positions including CEO, COO, CFO, treasurer, and financial controller. As members of BRG, they have filled these positions on a temporary basis for companies that have had management voids that needed to be addressed.
Liquidity & Cash Management
The time between when cash is paid for the purchase of inventory to when it is collected on a sale needs to be as short as possible. Steps we perform to evaluate and improve the cash-to-cash cycle include:
- Analysis of internal billing and processing of orders
- Detailed review of manufacturing and inventory-control processes
- Review of billing and payment terms by customer to ensure they are representative of the current business environment and include incentives for prompt payment
- Negotiation of vendor discounts, if possible
- Identification of alternative vendors
- Review of expense account and reimbursement policies
Profit Improvement & Cost Rationalization
BRG has substantial experience in providing profit-improvement services to companies. We conduct in-depth operational reviews and, together with company personnel, develop a “game plan.” We operate in small, experienced teams and provide regular status reports that aide in refining scope and ensuring that resources are used properly.
Strategic Business Plan Assistance & Financial Markets
We believe a thorough and well-rounded business plan is a key part of managing a company. We are frequently engaged in matters where a company, whether a startup, family-owned business, or large mature enterprise, has informal or limited planning processes.