William (Bill) Marquardt is a director in BRG's Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence practice and is based in Miami, Florida. He has significant experience in the areas of forensic accounting, compliance and risk management consulting, with a concentration on the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and corporate investigations. He has worked with entities and individuals in government investigations involving financial and accounting fraud, insider trading, wire fraud, and other Anti-Money Laundering (AML) issues. He is adept at analyzing and simplifying complex financial, accounting and compliance issues and effectively communicating core issues clearly and concisely.
Mr. Marquardt also provides clients pre- and post-acquisition due diligence activities, including post-acquisition integration assistance in the areas of finance and accounting. He also provides forensic accounting and investigative support for construction projects involving issues such as contractor fraud, contact evaluations, and construction cost reviews.
Mr. Marquardt has held senior-level positions in large multinational corporations in the United States and Latin America. He served as the CFO of a multinational consulting firm and held management and executive management positions within a multinational manufacturing company, including serving as president and CFO of two Andean-region captive finance companies headquartered in Lima, Peru. He also served on the board of directors of its Insurance Company.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Marquardt served as a director in the Northeast Risk Advisory Practice of a Big Four accounting firm, where he advised large publicly held companies with internal audit operations, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and improvement efforts, financial re-statements, and SEC compliance projects.
Mr. Marquardt began his professional career with one of the largest public accounting firms in the world. He holds a BBA (cum laude) in accounting and real estate from the University of Cincinnati and an MBA with a concentration in international business from the University of Miami. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and holds several other professional certifications.
University of Miami
MBA, International Business, 2005
University of Cincinnati
BBA, Accounting & Real Estate, 1992
2013 - 2015
The Highland Consulting Group
2011 - 2013
News & Insights
- Bloomberg Law Securities Regulation & Law ReportFebruary 6, 2017
- AIRA Journal 30:3Third Quarter 2016
- GAB | The Global Anticorruption BlogAugust 29, 2016
- Pharmaceutical Compliance MonitorJanuary 22, 2016
- Corporate Compliance InsightsDecember 10, 2015
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- June 18, 2020
- June 6, 2018
- November 13-14, 2017
- September 27, 2017
- May 19, 2017
- April 26-28, 2017
- January 26, 2017
News & Commentary
- PECB Becomes the First Management System Certification Body in the World Accredited against ISO 37001PECB press releaseNovember 11, 2017
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- Institute of Management Accountants
- TRACE - Anti-Bribery Compliance Solutions
- Association of Certified Financial Crimes Specialists
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors