Richard (Rick) Maicki is a managing director in BRG Corporate Finance specializing in performance improvement. He has more than 25 years of business experience, with approximately 15 years of consulting experience plus direct management roles within industry. He has extensive experience leading and advising Fortune 100 companies, with a focus on retail and consumer products companies.
Mr. Maicki has managed numerous retail performance improvement assignments in a wide variety of channels. He has implemented strategic and operational change by improving key performance levers and identifying savings opportunities. In these roles, he has focused on driving tangible bottom-line results supported by the process and organizational changes to sustain the improved performance.
Mr. Maicki has managed global supply chain network design and implementation; driven improvements in distribution and logistics, category/merchandise management, product development, and store operations; and led SGA cost-reduction initiatives. He also has served in interim management roles to help directly drive transformational improvements.
Before joining BRG, Mr. Maicki worked at a turnaround consulting firm for four years in the Retail Performance Improvement practice. Prior to that, he held industry positions with an American specialty retailer of crafts and fabrics and a home video and video game rental shop company, where in various roles he led strategy, distribution/logistics, and procurement function. He also gained valuable experience in creating and launching startup retail companies. He started his career in the retail practice of a major strategy and operations consulting firm.
J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
MBA, Strategy and Operations Marketing
University of Michigan
BSE, Electrical Engineering
Retail Performance Improvement
News & Insights
- BRG RetailDecember 7, 2018
- BRG RetailOctober 31, 2018
- BRG RetailOctober 4, 2018
- Retail Operations InsightsSeptember 24, 2018
- BRG RetailJuly 25, 2018
- ThinkSet, issue 5Summer 2018
- BRG Retail white paperMarch 22, 2018
- Retail IT InsightsMarch 8, 2018
- BRG RetailNovember 15, 2017
- BRG RetailNovember 2, 2017
- Total RetailSeptember 21, 2016
News & Commentary
- BRG Study: Retail’s Hollow Victory: The Higher-Sales/Lower-Profitability Conundrum from Recent Sales GrowthBRG press releaseJuly 25, 2018
- BRG press releaseNovember 15, 2017