For more than thirteen years, Leon Chang has helped healthcare providers improve operations, enhance profitability, drive innovation, and solve complex business problems. He has particular experience in performance improvement consulting, including clinical revenue recognition, traditional revenue cycle management, big data analytics, and process optimization of EHR software such as Epic Clinicals, Epic Revenue Cycle, and MEDITECH.
Working directly with healthcare senior management and stakeholders, including CFOs and CNOs, Mr. Chang has helped clients collectively realize over $60 million in improvement of net patient service revenue. Prior to joining BRG | Prism, he led healthcare performance improvement engagements for a national financial and management consulting firm, where he helped a range of healthcare providers increase revenue through improvements in areas including charge capture, denials management, and patient balance management.
Mr. Chang’s representative engagements and expertise before joining BRG | Prism include:
- Led revenue cycle engagements across Patient Access, Middle Revenue Cycle, and Patient Financial to improve both top-line revenue and revenue yield by 2 percent to 4 percent of net patient service revenue per client.
- Assessed more than seventy-five hospitals, health systems, and medical practices across the US for financial improvement opportunities ranging from 2 percent to 4 percent of net patient service revenue per client.
- Led engagements to enhance revenue capture and integration with Supply Chain/Materials Management through improved linkage between the item master and the charge master, competitive and correct application of markup formulas, and increased charge capture of clinical utilization.
- Advised on the consolidation of central business offices for the fifth largest hospital system in the US, covering areas including metrics, logistics, workflow standardization, and system conversion.
- Partnered with financial and clinical leaderships to strategically set hospital service prices, maintaining market competitiveness and supporting achievement of fiscal targets.
Mr. Chang is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
BS, Biomedical Engineering and Economics
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Certifications in Effective Negotiations and Business Leadership,