Jonathan (Jon) List is a trusted advisor to healthcare executives who brings deep expertise and experience partnering with hospitals, health systems, and academic medical centers across the country to deliver millions of dollars in benefits through comprehensive financial and operational performance improvement initiatives. He specializes in labor management, helping organizations increase productivity and reduce labor expenses. He tailors each solution to the client’s specific needs and understand the organization’s culture, workload and work drivers, impact of change, and how to build consensus and drive improvement from within. His comprehensive perspective enables providers to execute and sustain a variety of high-impact labor improvements, from broad initiatives such as enhancing labor management infrastructure programs, to focused efforts in key areas such as redesigning labor productivity tracking systems, target setting processes, and position review processes.
Mr. List is a seasoned project manager for comprehensive, organization-wide engagements, guiding providers through a variety of situations ranging from urgent financial turnarounds to good-to-great transformations. He can also develop and execute targeted improvements in areas that represent the highest opportunity and greatest organizational need.
Mr. List’s experience before joining BRG | Prism included:
- Helped lead complete financial turnaround for a $150 million net patient revenue community hospital in the Northeast United States facing a multimillion-dollar loss in prior year. Executed comprehensive, integrated performance improvement plan to deliver more than $17 million benefit and achieve breakeven performance within one year.
- Assisted with the implementation of more than $25 million annual recurring savings as budget partner and trusted performance improvement advisor to an Upper Midwest US community health system. Initiatives included more than $11 million in annual labor savings achieved through proactive labor improvements.
- Assisted with the delivery of $8 million in annual savings by implementing labor infrastructure for a community hospital in central Wisconsin, leveraging attrition to reduce workforce by 7 percent while volume increased over 10 percent.
- Helped Identify and implement $14 million in annualized labor productivity savings at a children’s hospital in Texas. Leveraged existing platform to develop custom labor productivity system to drive savings and efficiencies in clinical, support, and administrative areas.
- Advised regarding the evaluation and/or implementation of labor management systems at more than twenty-five hospitals and health systems across the country.
Kelley School of Business, University of Indiana
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
BS, Industrial Engineering
Prism Healthcare Partners
Huron Consulting Group
The Nebraska Medical Center
Manager, Operational Improvement