Joe D'Ascoli is a Managing Director on BRG’s Corporate Finance Business Transformation team who focuses on partnering with CFOs and finance organizations to lead turnaround and transformation efforts. He specializes in financial modeling, forecasting, and analytics and frequently works with client treasury and financial, planning, and analysis teams to improve enterprise financial management and performance. He has significant experience working for both public and private equity–sponsored companies across industries including travel and leisure, financial services, retail, transportation, healthcare, and real estate.
Mr. D’Ascoli’s expertise in financial modeling and cash forecasting has helped clients facing a variety of challenges, from managing liquidity to developing growth plans and preparing for initial public offerings (IPOs) and M&A transactions. He has led process improvement and organizational change projects to unlock working capital savings, deliver better financial analytics, and reduce the cost of finance for clients. His client engagements have included:
- Pinpointing key drivers of customer profitability and automating interactive dashboard reporting for the CFO and management team to proactively improve operating margins.
- Demystifying the complexity of an asset-backed securitization (ABS) financing structure to improve forecasting accuracy and transparency for management and the board of directors.
- Creating a dynamic five-year financial projection model for an e-commerce startup to help manage liquidity, project revenue growth targets, and communicate value proposition to investors, ultimately resulting in the sale of the company.
- Partnering with investment bankers to negotiate the sale of a branded apparel manufacturer with complex operating conditions to closing and maximize net proceeds for key stakeholders.
- Developing analytical dashboards and leading process change to optimize working capital and deliver $50 million in one-time cash savings.
Before joining BRG, Mr. D'Ascoli was a managing director and an original founding team member of the Office of the CFO practice in the corporate finance segment of a global advisory firm. He holds a BS in management and economics (summa cum laude) from Boston College and an MBA with honors and distinction from Columbia Business School. He is a Certified Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Professional and an inactive Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA).
Columbia Business School
MBA, Management, 2015
BS, Management Finance and Economics, 2006
2006 - 2016