Finbarr O’Connor specializes in financial restructuring, turnaround and transaction services for the workout, troubled company and investment community. He has significant restructuring and troubled company experience in the United States and Europe and has led and negotiated complex restructurings, transactions and recapitalizations on behalf of stakeholders. He has worked on some of the largest bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings in the United States and Europe, as well as numerous middle-market cases. He has worked with investor groups advising on M&A transactions across a wide range of industries. He has acted as a fiduciary and serves as the Litigation Trustee in the Extended Stay Hotels estate.
Mr. O’Connor is a leader of BRG’s Fund Services practice, providing a range of specialized valuation, fiduciary, and fund management services to the investment management community. He has significant experience serving as a responsible officer or replacement manager in the controlled wind-down of a number of funds and investment vehicles.
Prior to joining BRG, Mr. O’Connor was an Executive Director at Capstone Advisory Group, LLC, and prior to that was a partner and COO of a hedge fund focused on European distressed debt and private situations investments. Prior to that, he was a Senior Managing Director at a global business advisory firm, most recently as the European restructuring practice leader based in London. Before establishing the firm’s restructuring business in Europe, he was a Senior Managing Director in the firm’s New York office.
University College of Dublin
Senior managing director
News & Insights
- ThinkSet 6November 4, 2018
- Law360April 14, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
News & Commentary
- PEI PerspectivesDecember 2018/January 2019
- RFG Weekly RoundupApril 28, 2017
- M&A AdvisorJanuary 28, 2016
- BRG press releaseJune 1, 2015
Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Alternative Investment Advisory
- Automobile & Components - Corporate Finance
- Consumer Products & Apparel - Corporate Finance
- Entertainment & Media - Corporate Finance
- Financial Services - Corporate Finance
- Manufacturing, Metals & Mining - Corporate Finance
- Real Estate & Construction - Corporate Finance
- Transportation - Corporate Finance