David Simon is a director in BRG’s Corporate Finance practice. He is an experienced executive advisor and has over 20 years of industry and consulting experience ranging from manufacturing and operations-intensive companies to retail and consumer products companies.
Mr. Simon focuses on driving both top- and bottom-line improvement for clients by leveraging his experience across a range of industries in areas such as:
- Operations strategy development and deployment optimization
- Global extended manufacturing-footprint optimization
- Labor productivity improvement
- Asset efficiency and utilization maximization
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) effectiveness
- Working capital optimization
- Overhead optimization
His consulting engagements have included:
- Developed and implemented growth and profitability improvement plans for a $900 million division of a large multibillion-dollar technology/hardware/imaging company. Evaluated and implemented alternate go-forward strategies for businesses across the full range of the business/product life cycle, resulting in a $160 million EBITDA improvement over two years.
- Developed and implemented an improved S&OP process and associated forecasting process at a disposable container supplier as part of an overall supply chain improvement effort focused on inventory optimization (peak and off-peak), distribution and logistics cost reduction, and fill rate improvement.
- Identified and implemented a set of profit improvement actions covering revenue and cost in a middle-market life sciences company, resulting in a $28 million first-year profit improvement and a $50 million run rate improvement within 18 months. Cost-reduction actions included support structure streamlining, G&A efficiencies, and indirect spend optimization.
- Developed and initiated a restructuring plan for a $260 million technology solutions company that involved sales force reorganization, go-to-market strategy redesign, and overhead streamlining, and resulted in a $20 million cost savings.
Before joining BRG, Mr. Simon was a director at a turnaround management firm. Before that, he held global strategy, business development, and line management positions in the Innovative Materials sector of a global $55 billion producer, processor, and distributor of construction and high-performance materials and packaging. His line management positions oversaw businesses with global manufacturing footprints including Mexico and China. He began his career in business at a management consulting firm. Before that, he served as a lieutenant on nuclear-powered submarines in the US Navy.
University of Chicago Booth School of Business
University of Pennsylvania
BSE, Chemical Engineering
Compagnie de Saint-Gobain
Booz, Allen & Hamilton
United States Navy